5. Whats Wrong?!

"So?"

"What?"

"What happened at Jackson's birthday party? Did he find his mate!?"

"Yeah.." I look down at the ground. "..he did."

"Oh. my. god. congrats!! You're finally free from that guy! That dude did not understand how much he was hindering you." She professed.

Me and Hazel were on our way to third block.

"Anyways who is it?? Wait, don't tell me. It's Hannah Lewis isn't it!" She exclaimed.

"Wait." I tried to begin.

"No wonder why she was always clinging onto him so much." Hazel didn't hear and continued. "-the halls, the library, the gym, the classroom, even in the cafeteria-"

"-It's me!" I cut in awkwardly.

She stopped her walking and looked up at me, shocked. "You're kidding."

I quickly slapped my hand over her mouth before she could say anything more.

"Shh! I know, it's weird. But don't tell anybody!"

She nodded furiously and I uncover my hand from her mouth. We had reached to room 146 where I was to drop Hazel off to class. She reluctantly entered the class, her eyes looking back towards me anxious to ask questions. I had to push her further in the room before I quickly left.

I figured that it'd be fine to tell Hazel what was happening. She has no acquaintances besides me from the pack to tattle on, and also she's not like that. She's my best friend and we tell each other everything. I need to vent to someone who will understand the feelings that I'm experiencing right now.

"Have you guys already done it?!" She looked at me curious heading to lunch.

"No we haven't." I blush embarrassed. "But we were close to.."

The other night, once to he declared to "fuck me". I got scared and ran away to my room, locking the door. Everything went back to normal after that, but it's like a big elephant in the room that we're ignoring.

"What do ya mean?"

"This is all going too fast for me. I know that mates usually get intimate quicker but just last week he was my stepbrother! I don't know what to think."

"Well is he going to do that claiming thingy soon?"

"Shouldn't you be more concerned about my situation? He's my STEPBROTHER for Christ sake!"

"I am! But isn't there also a curse that happens if you don't mate within a week or something?"

"You mean"going into heat"?"

"Yeah that."

"Yes, apparently my whole body is suppose to flare up like crazy and crave sexual desires."

"See? I'm only trying to look out for you. Although that heat thing does sound a little interesting.." She smirks.

"It's suppose to only happen for a week, I'm sure I'll be okay." I brush off.

I see Jackson in the distance. Oh he's leaving his table to come towards me. I put up my hand to wave shyly. He stops to pat my head then continues to walk past. Which surprises both me and Hazel.

"That's it?" Hazel asks dumbstruck. "Usually he's all like "Sky come sit with me" "Sky don't go" "Stay where I can see you" "aw my cute wittle baby shister" she baby voiced.

She tries to joke it but I still feel a flash of hurt, but it quickly wipes away and replaces with my pride. "Whatever." I whip around, linking to Hazel's arm "It doesn't matter, let's just go."