Earthquake: 1-Compulsion

Author's Note: This fic was inspired by the above Song: If the World Was Ending JP Saxe ft. Julia Micheals. I was inspired to write an angsty, dark, AU based when I heard the song. Take a listen and then read the fic! 

Cami POV

There was an earthquake and though it didn't scare me. I immediately thought of Klaus and longed for what could have been. If he thought I was in danger, I knew he would be here and that made the tears roll down my face. 

It had been a year since I had even seen him, a year remembering what his touch felt like, even though I wasn't suppose to remember our night in the kitchen. But, if the world was ending he'd come over, right?

Klaus POV

I was distracted and in traffic when the earthquake happened, I didn't even notice it until I heard it on the news. But, it got me thinking about Camille. What was she doing when it happened? Was she at Rousseau's having a drink, was she at home watching tv? I know that if it was something major I would be at her balcony right now, but it wasn't. It had been a year since I felt her sweet lips. But, if the world was ending I'd go hold her tight, she'd want me to come over, right?

The Beginning:

Cami POV

I met him at the bar, the 100 dollar guy. I saw him at the painting, a man damage by demons he couldn't escape. He found me on Frenchman street listening to jazz. Two souls fated to meet, and together if felt like our hearts were destined to beat. 

I couldn't describe the connection I felt towards him. It was as if I knew him my whole life. It was as if I could see perfectly who he once was, who he was now, and who he wanted to be. I knew him, even though I barely knew him. I was as drawn to him as a moth was drawn to the flame, and no matter how much I wanted to stay away from him I couldn't. No matter how much I didn't want him touching me, I couldn't resist him. I knew he was monster, I knew he was bad for me, that this would end in heartache. I knew this connection was toxic, that I would feel pain, but no matter what I told myself, somehow my nights always ended with him on my balcony and me opening the window. 

The first night he came to tell me how kind I was.

Knock, Knock. I heard a tapping on my window. "Klaus what are you doing here?" I asked he looked hesitant, but I was welcoming. "Come in, it's windy out there, I need to shut the window. Do you want a drink?"  I didn't even wait for his answer I was already pouring two glasses. 

"I had a rough day." He spoke his eyes never leaving me, watching me intently as I set the glasses down before him. 

"Want to talk about it?" I offered with a smile.

"I'm going to be a father. My adopted son has bettered me, he has the power, loyalty, and family that I seek." He spoke each word dripping with such anger, such hate, such loneliness. 

"Congratulations, your child will be a blessing, and you will be a good father. I am sure the situation with your adopted son is something you can be proud of too. You must be proud that he has done so well, and as for you- I am sure you will find everything that you are looking for in due time." I spoke softly.

I reached out to touch his hand, a friendly gesture meant to comfort. He froze and his eyes widened, and then tears filled them, so I retracted my hand. His reaction caught me off guard so I stood up anxiously and headed back to the kitchen to get another drink. "Sorry, I..uh.." I could feel him behind me standing so close to my back that his body heat was burning into mine. He lightly traced his fingertips down my back. "You're kind Camille. So sweet, I..."