Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"You have to be kidding..." Ash muttered as he rubbed his face in frustration.

He and Serena were currently standing in the room that Kanto University had provided and they were both realizing that the housing director hadn't been lying when she told them that they only had one single dorm Available. Apparently the latest class was the largest freshman class in the school's history.

Red had been wise enough to warn Serena that she should let the director believe that Ash would be in the room alone if she wanted to be able to stay with the boy without any difficulties. Luckily the director hadn't recognized Serena either since that would have been an extra problem that Serena really didn't want to have to deal with.

Of course the mere thought of sharing the same room with Ash was enough to get Serena to be quiet and look at the floor to hide her blush during the meeting with the director completely ignoring the scowl that the situation brought to Bruno's face. Once Ash received the key along with the housing information for the night Serena convinced Bruno to rent a hotel room for himself. Of course Bruno attempted to convince Serena to rent a room as well, but the blonde haired girl was adamant that she wanted to hang out with Ash and she was positive that it was going to be a late night she didn't want to force Bruno to have to stay with them while they had their fun. Of course the real reason was that she wanted to spend as much time with Ash as possible, but she knew saying that would make it even harder to convince the muscular man.

Bruno also didn't like the idea of leaving Ash in charge of protecting Serena. He didn't even want to imagine what would happen if people recognized her... Just the thought made Bruno even more positive that he didn't like leaving. Of course eventually Serena informed the man that it was her decision and not his. She felt bad about being so harsh, but she hated when Bruno treated her like a child. To make it up to the man she gave him her black card and told him to enjoy the night his own way on her. Serena wasn't worried about Bruno being to extravagant either, she had a feeling he was the kind of man to buy a bottle of alcohol for himself and play spades in his room while eating a bowl of nails.

After finally convincing Bruno to leave Red led them to the room that Ash had been provided. The building was extremely nice although amazingly not to many people were around to notice Ash and Serena's arrival. Red told them that was because Kanto University held it's students to an extremely high standard during the day a lot of the students spent their time in the library or in their room studying. Ash laughed at that mentally praising the lord that he had no intentions on attending college. High school was hard enough. Once they got to the room Red told them to get comfortable and be ready to go out at around eight. He warned the two that it was going to be a hectic night and advised that they got some rest, especially Ash. After that he exited the room and that's where we find Ash and Serena now.

"One bed and one couch...I bet I can guess which one I get." Ash jokingly stated after noticing Serena hadn't said anything about his earlier comment.

Ash didn't really mind sleeping on the couch since whenever he didn't stay at Gary's he slept on the couch anyways at his own home. The young basketball player however didn't notice the frown that his words brought to Serena's face.

"You can take the bed. I really don't min-" Serena started before the sound of Ash dropping his stuff on the ground and slamming his body on the couch inturrupted her.

"Oh shut up, we both know I'm not going to let you sleep on the couch Serena." Ash said in a nonchalant voice.

Serena looked at the boy and chuckled at how comfortable he was with her. Not to many told her to shut up even if they were joking, but she liked that closeness that her and Ash had. "Ash come on. It really isn't that big of a deal. After that practice I'm sure you want to lay in a real bed plus this is really your room it would be rude of me to take the bed." Serena tried to convince the boy.