Moon Selection

A/N: My apologies for interrupting your reading pleasure. I would like to take this time and inform you that I have continuously misspelled the Thai word for showing respect, Wai. I am in the process of correcting this. Please return to your viewing pleasure. This has been an emergency broadcast.

A/N Thank you everyone for the 700 views. I never thought I would get 1 let alone over 700.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phana Kongtorranin, Pha to his friends, is a first year medical student, sitting in the gymnasium with his two best friends Beam and Kit along with the rest of the Medical Faculty freshman class. They were told that there would be a special announcement and then they could leave for the day.

The President of the Medical Faculty student body, a third year by the name of Duen, stepped up to the center of the gym to address the students.

"Welcome Freshman and congratulations on passing the entrance exam."

Clapping and yelling rang out. It was so loud you would think that there was a University Finals game being played.

" Calm down, calm down."

Quiet slowly returned to the gym allowing Duen to speak again.

"First off, I would like to go over a few rules with you. As Freshman and students in the Medial Faculty you are required to wear the full student uniform to all classes. There are no exceptions."

Pha sits listening to the rest of the rules and thinks about his crush. He hasn't seen them since the last day of his senior year of high school. On that day, he broke his and his crush's hearts by speaking callously to his friends about not accepting any confessions from boys. He knew he liked Wayo since he first laid eyes on him. However, he was scared his friends would reject him if he told them he liked a boy.

To cover up his feelings for a boy he flirted and dated with many girls. His friends thought he played with them all but in actuality he only played with one. After that experience he felt as if he had cheated on Wayo and never slept with another girl.

     On the last day of school, his friends cornered him in an empty classroom and tried to get him to confess his feelings for Wayo but instead he denied it vehemently. A sound from the corridor had the three friends looking to the doorway.

     Kit went to the door to see if anyone was there but only found a post-it note on the floor. He picked it up, read it and handed it to Pha. Pha read the note and ran out of the room. Beam looked at Kit with a raised eyebrow.

"It said, You are the best for me, Wayo".

"Oh, shit."

"Yeah."

      The two friends followed after their friend both hoping he found Wayo. Alas, it was a futile hope as Pha never found him. Since then Pha has been quiet not speaking to anyone but them. When they caught up to him he tearfully explained how much he liked Wayo and begged them not to reject him.

      Beam grabbed him in a hug with Kit hugging them both.

" You idiot! We are your best friends! We already knew that you liked him. Why do you think we were asking you about accepting a confession from a boy?" ,Beam asked.

     Kit trying not to cry himself as it would ruin his image of being fierce , stated "Pha, we have known you since kindergarten. And in all that time you have never looked as happy with any of your girlfriends as you do just seeing Wayo. We have known all along that you like him. Why do you think we would tell you things about him. "

"Ai sat! I am so stupid!"

Both Kit and Beam shook their heads yes.

     "What am I going to do? This is the last day. We won't be home this summer as we are going to my aunt's beach house to relax before starting at University."

      I don't even know what his plans are for when he graduates next year. "I will have to figure out how to keep tabs on him while I am away at school."

" No worries, we will help."

"Yeah, I have a cousin that is a year behind him. I might be able to get updates thru him."

Now they sit in a gym waiting for the announcements to be over so they can go eat. One announcement caught their attention.

"Now, for the main reason we are here right now. We are here to pick the candidates for this year's Faculty Moon and Star. We need three candidates each. Once we have the candidates we will ask them a few questions and then you the rest of the students will vote on who you want to represent you at the Freshy Night celebration where each of the Faculty's Moon and Star will compete to be the University Moon and Star.

So could you please nominate three candidates for the Star and three for the Moon. The sooner we choose the sooner we get to go home."

The three friends just sit and watch. Kit and Beam look at each other before looking at their friend. They have heard the whispering about their friend and they have a dreadful feeling that he will be nominated. The fear was valid.

A girl behind them stands up and states with a big grin, "I would like to nominate Phana Kongtorranin as Faculty Moon."

     There is a lot of clapping and yelling, mostly girls cheering him on.

"No."

"Phana Kongtorranin, please come down to the front".

     Sighing long and loudly Phana looks at his friends and resignedly steps down to the front where two other males are making their way too.

"Now we need three nominations for Star."

Pha zoned out until it came to be his turn to answer a question. Once he finished he zoned out again not paying attention to anyone or anything. Kit and Beam looked on worriedly. They knew he wasn't paying attention because all he thought about was his missed chance with Wayo so he didn't realize how popular he was with his answer. The group finally came to a decision.

     "Alright, it looks like we have our winners. The Star for our faculty is N'Pring and the moon is N'Phana. Congratulations guys and we wish you the best of luck. N'Phana we, all of your faculty, are pinning our hopes on you for University Moon as the Engineering Faculty has won it the last two years."

     With this the assembly is over and the students start to depart.

Phana just stands there forcing a smile while A'Pring gushes about how exciting it all is while holding his arm. He extricates himself and walks to where his two best friends are waiting for him.

"Let's go guys I need a drink...or twenty."

Kit and Beam high-five and follow their friend out the door.