24. THE CALM

"Authorities are asking for help identifying several persons of interest at Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination," announced the black and white television as the Hargreeves, with exception of Klaus, huddled around it. "The FBI believe they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald.

Vanya Hargreeves," said the TV man as Vanya watched intently a couple of feet away, her arms crossed, as her mugshot was aired. "wanted in connection with the deaths of several FBI agents inside the federal building at Dealey Plaza. A Cuban exile known only as Diego..."

Diego was leaning against the railing of the stairs in his black tan top, his head perked up at the sound of his name. "Cuban?" he questioned.

Elaina sat on the steps beside him with her face in her hands as her elbow propped against her knees. "It was either that or Mexican," she muttered with a bored expression.

"...who recently escaped from the Holbrook Sanitarium. A bare-knuckle boxer with suspected mafia ties," the T.V. flashed an image of Luther with Jack Ruby. "who fights under the alias, 'King Kong'," Luther couldn't stop himself from rolling his eyes at the haunting nickname.

"Allison Chestnut, a Negro radical responsible for instigating and organizing the recent riots at Stradtler's lunch counter," Allison scoffed humorlessly at the man's words as an image of her with a protest sign shown on screen.

"And finally, Klaus, the controversial cult leader and known tax evader," a cartoonish-psychedelic image of Klaus from one of his posters aired on the T.V. "The FBI is asking the public to be on the lookout for this unidentified boy and girl," the screen panned out to show the man holding a black card with the picture of Five and Elaina with surprised faces as they watched the grassy knoll from the fence. "Who they believe are being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network..."

Five pursed his lips and nodded. "Well, it's true," he said, his arms crossed as he leaned on the stair's metal railing next to Elaina. "I do feel like I'm being held hostage most days. What about you, hon?" asked Five as he looked down at Elaina.

"Don't get me started," she agreed.

"God, I hate that photo," commented Diego at his mugshot.

"They're saying I instigated the riot?" questioned Allison with a scoff. "That's unbelievable,"

"Look, the good news is that we restored the timeline and we stopped doomsday," said Luther optimistically. "So--"

"Yeah, a bunch of real goddamn heroes. We let Kennedy die," sarcastically said Diego.

"Yeah," agreed Allison. "And now we're officially the most wanted people in the world. The FBI is after us, the Dallas police, the Secret Service. I mean, it's only a matter of time before they hunt us down here,"

"Well, where are we supposed to go?" asked Vanya.

"I have this yurt just outside of Reykjavik," nonchalantly said Klaus as he came down the stairs. "We can totally lay low there. Folks there are a little weird, but lovely," he said, while everyone gave him blank faces.

"Hey, numbnuts," said Five, making Klaus turn to face him. "Hiding's not gonna make a difference here. The Commission will hunt us down wherever and whenever we go, "

"He's right," agreed Diego, making Five and Elaina scrunch up their faces in bafflement as they look towards the man. "They'll never stop,"

"I'm sorry, since when are you an expert on the Commission?" snidely asked Five.

"Since I got back from there," responded Diego.

Elaina blinked, lifting her head from her hands. "What?"