ten

"I'm not really sure where I should start, I was born in Russia. Parents sold me when I was eleven, buyer kept me in Russia a year before they brought me to here. Kept me in a cage underground first few months, then I got moved to a room without windows. Stayed there a few months too, and then I got sold again. To fight."

"Fight?" Silver eyes interrupted, my eyes flickering up to him as he stared at me.

I grit my teeth, my nails biting into my palm as I glanced up. My eyes burned, my body itching to find a tree or somewhere high up to hide.

"You fight for bread. You kill for water. You keep killing or you die. You fight." I answered him, glancing out the large window that sat to the side of me. My fingers tapped along my thigh, my knuckles cracking as it was silent in our room. I glanced back over, silver eyes staring at me like I was a stupid fragile vase that he was scared of breaking.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Anastasia." I shrugged, glancing back to Mr. Bubbles, his eyes empty and not telling me any of what he was thinking.

"Continue." The corner of my lip curled up, his own matching me.

"The Academy saved me, busted up the ring on the night I was fighting. Stopped me from having my twentieth kill." He nodded, glancing to the doctor.

Not cherub doctor, old man doctor.

His warm eyes were looking over me, trying to figure out whether I was hurt in some permanent way that needed his gentle touch and care. I couldn't help the way I shrunk into myself, I wasn't a big fan of doctors.

"May I examine you at some point?" Cherub doctor was the one that asked me this, my nose wrinkling as I glanced back to him.

"No." I answered him straight, surprise crossing his face when I have no explanation as to why.

"But–"

"I don't like doctors, and I don't know you. Why the hell would I let you 'Examine' me, like you so desperately want to." His face fell slightly, Owen staring at me like I was a demon from hell. I stared right back, because maybe I was.

"He's just trying to help Miss." I could feel my blood boiling, what right did he have?

"Help? How about you help that fucking blonde chick that acts like she can't do shit. Zombies have been around for long enough, what the fuck has she been doing? Why can't she shoot for a damn, or defend herself for that matter?" I was exhausted and reaching my breaking point, Corey's soft gaze letting me know that he saw it.

"Let's go back to your place, take a shower and change. Dinner will be soon, and they can clean everything up." I stood as I glared at both Owen and the doctor, Owens eyes glaring right back at me. They were molten, hard and angry at the fact I wouldn't let his little friend touch me.

Man that sounded dirty.

I follows him out the door, my arm stinging as I passed North and Luke as well as the guy that had cussed so much earlier. The blonde practically cowered behind North, something stretching across his face as he looked down at her. I looked away as Corey reached out, my body faltering. I knew he was sorry for leaving me in that tiny trailer, but it was hard.

"I'm sorry my love, I -"

"It's fine Corey, leave it be." I cut him off, glancing up at the door to our trailer. He had a slight scar on his cheek, my fingers wanting to reach out and touch it. Feel the only thing that marred his stupid perfect face.

He opened the door, stepping in without asking me. I felt my jaw clench, looking back to watching Axel leave the little building with Owen and that Doctor following him. I'm not sure what they were talking about, but I knew it had pissed both of them off.

I sighed before coming back into my trailer, watching as Corey glanced over what books and magazines had been left in here. "I'm okay, you don't need to stay."

"I'm sorry Anastasia, I got caught up." I looked down at my bare feet, wincing at the faint bite mark hidden on my ankle. It wasn't as faint as I wish it would be, but it was still there. Like a leper spot, or a shining light that will never let me sleep.

"We all got caught up, caught up in a world before the zombie apocalypse. Before people are people, and the woman I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with got killed." I glanced back up to find him staring at me again, his eyes watery and soft.

"I, I wish I could say I wasn't angry. Or hurt. But I am, and apologizing and explaining doesn't help." I murmured softly, my own eyes burning. I hated feeling weak, my hand scratching my chest as I stared away from him. I felt like I was baring my soul, and it was scary. Utterly terrifying.

"I thought Kayli was the love of my life, looking back I don't think she was. She was, comfortable. She was, too brash. Too angry, at the world, her family, herself."

"I'm angry!" I shouted, my gaze snapping to where he now sat at a sad excuse for a dining room table. "I'm mad at the world, I'm brash, I'm the most horrible creature on this earth."

"No, no you're not." He stood up, walking to me slowly. His arms caged me in, my back against the door, the steps helping him stand even taller over me. I felt like prey, Corey changing the very gears within his brain to become the predator.

I never thought he'd be like that, every time I let my imagination run wild I expected him to be gentle. I expected slow from him, with Raven more animalistic. The Corey that stood in front of me now, surprised me.

Scared me.

Excited me.

I let out a shuddering breath, my gaze peering up to him. His hair fell over his eyes, sweat beading up along his temples. He had scruff, light blonde hairs along his upper lip and jaw. It hid itself along his tan, the golden yellow fading to lighter blonde closer to his upper jaw. He wore a t shirt with a stretched out collar, giving me a glimpse of his chest. A slight patch of black ink peeked out, surprising me.

My hand was shaky as I reached out, gently pulling it away to see a beautiful raven stretched across his chest. Directly over his heart.

I traced it, taking a step up. I could feel his heart beating erratically, my eyes glancing up to his. The blue was swirling, molten like the blue right at the sunset. It was beautiful and gorgeous, and sucked me right in.

His lips were soft, so afraid at first before his hands found my upper arms. He gripped them, pulling me up and taking control. My legs were picked up off the ground, wrapping themselves around his waist as my hand found the back of his neck. His hand tangled itself within my hair, pulling it gently at first before pulling it harder when I couldn't contain the small little moans I let out.

His lips left my lips to meet my neck, trailing fire as he bit my skin gently. I couldn't contain myself, his hand grasping my waist and trailing up the curve of my torso. My skin was on fire, as I needed more. I needed so much more.

"My love." His voice was a whisper, hoarse like he was trying to find god within myself.

I needed more, more than him. Maybe I was selfish, but in this moment I needed every single one of them. That made ice water run through my veins, I knew they had been with someone before me, all of them, but I didn't know if they were okay with repeating the same thing with me.

I glanced up to him, his eyes ever knowing as he smiled gently at me.

"Go to sleep, we'll be here. We'll always be here." He picked me up, taking me to the bed in the back. He found a wash cloth that he wet, gently wiping the blood stains before glancing at the gunshot wound I had. "You're not going to like it, but Sean is going to have to look at that later."

I grumbled, laying back and letting him dote on me. My eyes drifted the longer I lay there, lips pressing against my forehead and sheets rustling before I let myself fall asleep.

Bliss. Pure bliss.