❞ Chapter V ❝

The problem isn't that Jimin isn't creative. He is. Jimin is incredibly creative. Granted, he may not be as creative as Yoongi, who spends more time on orders in the afternoon making latte art than he does making sure he has a customer's order right. He may not be as creative as Jeongguk who is just here making extra pay while he works on his undergrad degree for... something to do with performance art that Jimin doesn't entirely understand.

But Jimin is creative. He's extremely creative. He spent an hour on a list of ways to spell Namjoon's name that is over a page and a half.

The problem is that somehow, despite his efforts, the asshole has somehow gone from giving Jimin the satisfaction of seeing his busy busy expression that doesn't have time for games contort upon seeing Jimin's mastery to not reacting at all.

This means one of two things. Either Mr. Busy Busy has stopped caring at all about the fact that Jimin is fed up with his attitude and thus purposefully finding ways to be rude back to his ungrateful attitude or he knows and is now denying Jimin his satisfaction.

Both possibilities make Jimin annoyed, and he suffers another defeat this morning when Namjoon picks up his coffee with barely a glance at the name scrawled on the side before walking off. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

It leaves Jimin frustrated and wanting to run out the door after him and demand how he can ignore something like this.

Jimin even remembers exactly how he likes his coffee. So it's obvious that he's doing it on purpose.

What kind of prick is this man?

"Maybe next time you can just drop a shot of caramel in his drink?" Hoseok suggests as Jimin rubs down the milk steamer angrily, staring at the now closed door after Namjoon's ungrateful back. "Or salt."

"You're missing the point," Jimin sighs heavily, looking over at Hoseok. Seriously, this isn't about tampering with Namjoon's drink. It's deeper than that. It's personal.

Namjoon isn't nearly as outwardly expressive when Yoongi sometimes takes his order because Jimin is too busy making an order of seven for a coffee boy and his six CEO's.

"What is the point, then?" Yoongi asks, passing behind him on his way to the blender for another smoothie.

"One sided love," Hoseok says and Jimin drops his portafilter.

"Gross," Jimin says immediately, scrunching up his nose at Hoseok's proudly grinning face. "Dude, no."

"I can see it," Yoongi hums, nodding slowly as if slowly unlocking the secrets of the world.

"No," Jimin repeats, frowning. He sees this man every morning. He has to deal with his rude attitude and attire that constantly reminds Jimin of how, aside from his uniform, the majority of his wardrobe could be bought with just one of Namjoon's suit jackets. Which is, in Jimin's understanding of the world, entirely offensive. "That's just weird. And wrong."

"Wrong because it's so right, or wrong because you won't accept that it's right?" Hoseok asks, shoulders bouncing as his eyebrows wiggle in suggestion. He's smiling the same smile he gets every time he's intentionally bothering someone. Like now, and when he knows he's making the secretary coffee boy in the afternoon late to deliver his bosses their drinks.

"Just wrong," Jimin says flatly.

"Are you saying there's something wrong with the handsome businessman who you claimed?" Yoongi asks, one eyebrow raised lazily.

"I didn't claim him." Jimin isn't here to be attacked like this. He's just here for a paycheck and to get back at the rude customers that make his job harder than it needs to be.

"Yeah, okay," Hoseok is laughing. "You just make sure that you serve him every morning so you can spell his name wrong to get him to notice you."

It's at this point that Jimin realizes if he tries to argue any more, it's not going to do anything aside from dig a deeper hole for himself. Both Yoongi and Hoseok have a habit of knowing how to tease anyone within an inch of sanity, like now, and Jimin cannot win. He works with the tag team from Hell.

"Maybe you should spell his name correctly," Hoseok suggests as one of their regulars walks in (ironically the secretary that comes in everyday to get his boss's coffee and is always late because Hoseok won't stop flirting).

"That's just letting him win though," Jimin protests. Hoseok isn't listening though, already stepping up to the brightly smiling secretary with the too wide square smile that Hoseok says makes him so cute.

"I think you already lost," Yoongi tells him, patting him on the shoulder absently as he passes.

Jimin won't give up though. He won't lose. He just needs to try harder to win, even if he's not sure what winning really would look like. It's a goal, and that's pretty much all Jimin needs to get through the mornings.