preface

ELEVEN YEARS AGO

" Cris and Marc, sitting in a tree,

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

First comes love,

Then comes marriage,

Then comes the baby,

In the baby carriage! "

The children tantalized as they ran around the playground with Cris and Marc sitting together playing in the sandbox.

Mary Hughsaff, Liberty Jones and Trisha Brumes comes in close proximity of the two and started making kissy faces at them and ran off again in fits of giggles. Cris just glared at them and threw a handful of sand in their wake.

"Hey Marc, why don't you two just get married," Peter Peterson Jr. said as he dangled on the monkey bars. For a kid with a stupid name he sure is a jerk.

Marc just ignored PP's (ha, PP, even his nickname was lame) cliché remark and continued filling his plastic yellow bucket with sand.

" Cris and Marc, sitting in a tree,

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

First comes love,

Then comes marriage,

Then comes the baby,

In the baby carriage! "

Mary and her gang started again. Skipping in circles around the two, laughing every time they finished the song.

By the third time Cris had enough of it. She stood up from the sandbox and pushed Mary Hughsaff with her sandy hands- hard. Of course, Mary being a big baby and all began to cry, sending two of her friends to her side. This then sent the rest of the kids to gather around them.

"Mary's such a baby," Cris said, crossing her arms in front of her, standing over a still crying Mary on the ground, a smug smile on her face. By this time Marc was already by her side, looking down at Mary.

"Mary's such a baby! Mary's such a baby!" the boys sang, making Mary cry even harder.

"Quit it! -Shut up!" Trisha and Liberty said, which of course led everybody to sing it even more.

Ms. Ferguson, looked out of the window from her classroom and finally took notice of all the commotion, and went out to see what was going on.

Recess, sadly for Ms. Ferguson, doesn't always equate with peace. The moment she step foot on the playground she heard the loud wail of Mary and the continuous chant of everybody. The children getting more please each time Mary cried harder. A few of the girls tried to make them stop but to no avail.

"What happened?" Ms. Ferguson said, planting her foot on the ground, grabbing all of the kids attention.

"She pushed me!" Mary pointed at Cris. Apparently, Mary was not only a big baby but also a rat.

"She was annoying me! She kept singing-!" Cris's defense for herself was cutoff by Ms. Ferguson's look. Lucky for Cris, Marc was on her side.

"Yeah! She wouldn't stop singing that stupid song!" Marc backed up, looking at a still fallen Mary then at Ms. Ferguson.

"She pushed me!" Mary repeated, now standing up. Her butt covered in dirt.

"Yeah! She pushed her!" Trisha and Liberty both chimed in, standing beside their friend.