Chapter 2

Barron swung his legs to the side of the bed and vigorously rubbed the palms of his hands on his face. He decided to reach for the remote on his bedside and turn on the television and switch on his Xbox. He couldn't stand the silence any longer and had settled on using the gaming device as means of having some sort of ambient noise in the background to calm his uneasiness.

"Jesus..." he whispered under his breath. He didn't understand what was going on with him lately. Was it the stress of the whole election rubbing onto him? Was it the fact his mother had decided to come back to the penthouse because of how stressed she was? He couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was, but deep down inside he felt as though it's something to do with him. Perhaps some denial played into it, but he still can't put his finger on it. He just hated being so alone.

It's a little later in the day now, right after the night they have arrived. Barron had found himself bored and lonely. He can't seem to feel settled, although he knows this should take time to feel back at home. But even so, he still feels queasy. As if nothing can really fix the depressing feeling he gets when isolated in his lonesome.

Melania wasn't home, and Barron hadn't even bothered asking about her whereabouts. He knew she'd be home soon and he knew that she would be safe. Security was everywhere and secret services does not play around.

Walking around his room, he threw the small baseball in his hand up at the ceiling. Catching it and repeating the motion a few more times, his hand slipped up and ended up with the ball rolling away from the teen. Barron sighed and followed it. Reaching under the table, he caught a glimpse of the television remote resting on the table. The young man had his eyes set on the controller, and not long after his mind had forgotten about the sphere waiting for him and instead picked up the button-ridden box. He let himself turn to the television and let himself switch into the cable and out pops up CNN news channel. The first thing he sees were videos of his father at the presidential debate.

Barron let his mouth open ever so slightly as his curiosity reeled him towards the screen. The reporter's voice over was drowned out for Barron's attention was tied to the video of his father and the caption under it, titled "President Donald Trump False Claim Statements Throughout Chaotic Presidential Debate".

The teen's chest swarmed itself with different emotions all at once. He can't tell if he was disappointed or sad. He wasn't naïve when it came to his father and the press. He knew and understood full well what he says to the public and sometimes he can't help but feel frustrated from time to time. But for the most part, he would play pretend and ignore it all, acting as though it wasn't even there. Even so, it could be hard to ignore it all. It hurts to know some of the idiotic things his father would say, but it hurt even more to have the whole world spit on his name and laugh at him. To Barron, that man is still his father in the end of the day. It would be hard for any child to see their parent being belittled by everyone let alone the entire globe, no matter how inconsiderate and hurtful that said parent could be. The boy lifted his hands to his face and rubbed his eyes. This battle was getting him worn and he could never have his opinion out about it.

Barron looked to the window. A sad smile reached his face. 'Maybe,' he thought, 'it would be okay to open it for now.' The young man let himself towards the window and eagerly opened it. The breeze was a bit cold but refreshing. He soaked in the sun rays. It felt amazing and free to Barron. Who knew something so simple can bring out some joy such as this?

A few hours had passed with ease. A lazy and boring day it was, and now Barron had found himself on the couch in the rec area. He was playing a silly game on his phone until the sounds of heels clicking against the tiled floor caught Barron's attention. Not long after, Melania emerged into the room with a security guard following behind. Barron smiled and stood up from the couch cushion to greet her.