Chapter 3

Heyo guys. Let me know how you're liking the story so far in the comments. Also there aren't much NataliexBarron stories on here in full story format but if you so happen find one worth reading let me know! I'd like to have a nice read on this topic :). Enjoy.

----

A full day has passed by since the odd occurrence with the president's son. Natalie had found herself standing in front of the window in the hotel and staring through the transparent glass to take in the view of the Trump Tower ahead. She hasn't texted Barron and she hasn't heard from him either. Though they have exchanged contact info, she didn't want to jump to just texting him so fast. The events that took place the day before was already a lot, it was probably the shock coming down that had prevented both teens to reach out. Even so, Natalie couldn't stop looking at the cursed building from the window; she couldn't help but to feel a bit worrisome at the thought of Barron being caught sneaking back into his house or possibly something bad happening to him on the way back.

Robert was playing on his Nintendo Switch on his place on the bed. She heard the loud music coming from the gaming device giving Natalie the false security of her brother busying himself with it, but Robert's attention was diverted from the console and was staring directly at her instead. Robert couldn't take it- his sister was standing there for a long time now. With a raised brow, he decided to finally address her odd behavior. "Sis," he started, "Whachu doin'?"

Natalie turned back with mild shock, but quickly faced her back to her brother yet again. "Nothing." Sighing, she continued. "I'm just looking outside."

"Well it's creeping me out." Robert joked. Natalie mustered a pathetic chuckle to humor her brother. "Well, do you want anything to eat? Mom said she's welcome to order food or go get it together,"

Natalie turned to her brother and glanced over to her phone that was resting on her bed. Pursing her lips, she settled on her answer. "We can order something,"

Robert nodded her reply and got up. "Alright, you could order. I'm gonna go use the restroom." As he walked away, he called over his shoulder, "You know what I like! You can pick wherever for the food,"

Natalie nodded her head and began scrolling through the restaurant selections that the Door Dash app had to offer. She rested her face in her hand when she eased herself a seat at the foot of the mattress. Going back to the home screen, she looked over at the iMessage app. The little voice in her head told her to do it. Just to check up, or to make sure the worst didn't happen. She clenched her jaw and let her thumbs get to typing.

heyo just checking up did you get back in safe?

Natalie tapped the blue arrow and just like that her message was delivered quickly. She let herself go back into the food delivery app and continued her quest for a place to get some food from. Picking a random chicken wing joint, she started making her order for her and brother's dinner. A few minutes passed by and the iMessage ping erupted from her device in her hands. She glanced at the notification banner at the top of the screen.

I'm okay. No one realized I was gone so I got in w/o harms way.

She felt a bit relieved when she read the message. She had a small shiver of mild anxiety when she had saw Barron's name in the notification initially but the substance the message held calmed her immensely and was just happy to hear the boy got back in fine.

great! that's good to hear

She replied back. She went ahead and press on the order button in the app and switched back to the iMessage app. She saw the little text bubble with the dots indicating Barron was actively typing.