Come On

"You're crazy." Hawks' eyes widen once he realizes what my previous idea was. My smile gets wider when I see his face. Ethan had already left us to go exploring in this park. I'm not too concerned about leaving him alone though. He's really independent and dependable. Plus I don't think he could sit and listen through another conversation. That is if he understand every word he said. Even though he's better verbally, he's learning level is still really low.

"No, I'm just thinking." I grin at him. He doesn't look irritated or annoyed. I'd even say he looks a little amused. But it's not like I'd even notice if he was. Being a pro hero and all, I'd assume he's good at hiding his emotions.  

"Denki this isn't the greatest you've ever head." He runs his fingers through his hair and he chuckles a bit. It's a positive sign, but I know he's probably thinking about the actual idea seriously.

"When have I ever said that this was a great idea? I just said it was an idea." I shrug because well it's true. I can't deny the fact that this isn't a good idea. There's so many reasons why it isn't, but at the same time it's better.

"I'm a Pro Hero. I can't just take care of him all the time, I won't have time to do that and work." And there's a reason. Hawks is a Pro Hero the third one too! He doesn't have all the time in the world to be watching Ethan. Especially this kid who doesn't know basic education and who might have some mental problems. No one should be okay with talking about their parents. And so casually too. Could've at least shed one tear or something.

"Believe it or not, but he's okay with staying in an apartment for long periods of time. Though you wouldn't know anything about that, now would you?" I don't really know what I'm doing anymore. Hawks doesn't seem like he'll agree to this idea anytime soon.

"No. Shit. This is crazy." I've never heard him curse before so this could either mean something good or something bad. I'm hoping it means he's going to be reckless and say yes to watching Ethan.

"He's undocumented. Technically dead! No one will know if you took him in. What are they gonna do? Look for a dead kid at the pro hero's house who announced that he was dead?" I don't want to guilt trip him, but I want to guilt trip him. If Ethan was here I'd make him stare at Hawks until he caved or something. 

"And who will take care of him when I'm out patrolling?" He starts to pace in front of the bench. I'm surprised no one has spotted him by now. The conversation is..... going. Smoothly? I don't know. But I think we're getting somewhere. 

"You will of course." I say as if it's obvious. Because it is. 

"Unbelievable." He laughs dryly. He rustles his feathers before sighing.

"You won't regret it. He's a great kid. He might be seven and not know much about the world, but isn't it exciting to teach him all about it? I just know he'd love to stay with you too!" Guilt Trip. Guilt Trip. Guilt Trip.

"Denki, I don't think I can watch over him. It just wouldn't be safe for him. I'm a pro hero. This job is dangerous not only on the field, but to those you care about. Civilians can be easily kidnapped without anyone knowing. What if someone sees him with me and decided to target him?"

"Then keep him a secret."

"You're not leaving me with many options here." He laughs before sitting down with me on the bench. It's then that I can see Ethan behind him running in the grass. Hawks' wings must've blocked my view before.  Glad to know Ethan is okay though.

"Wasn't trying to anyways."

"Denki this is a complicated situation. You and I both know that. Ethan is a great kid and I know you want the best for him and I do too, but I-" He stops mid sentence to sigh. I know he's trying to figure out how to word the fact that he can't and won't watch over Ethan, but I just don't want to believe it.