𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 (𝘱𝘵1) - zuko

YOUR NAME

I didn't know what to think when a small paper was sticked to my locker. I asked Sokka if he was pulling a prank on me, again, since he has a thing of doing that once in a while.

Sokka and i have that kind of friendship. we try to prank each other as much as possible. sometimes Toph helps me prank Sokka, but it's mostly me and Sokka in a prank-war. to much annoyance of our other friends, though.

I sigh as I look at the paper from my locker, scanning at the handwriting written on it. it sure is a guy his handwriting. it isn't Aang's, since he doesn't like to prank me. Sokka isn't the one either because I asked him. I asked Toph if I could trust him and she said I could, since she can sense if someone's lying or not.

"are you still trying to guess who send you that message?" Toph asks me. she turns her head into my direction and I nod.

"yeah, I am. I'm scanning the handwriting."

Toph chuckles at me and leans her head in her hands, laying down on the grass. "I wish I could help you, but I don't know how to read."

I laugh at her words, "I know. although it would be nice if you could sense something."

"I could try and see if someone's breathing is uneven, but I've got no idea if that'll help." 

I shrug at her words. "you can always try."

Toph nods at my words and sits up, placing her hands on the ground next to us. she smirks a little and nods to herself, motioning with her head into a direction. "someone's breathing is uneven in that direction."

I turn my head to the direction Toph was pointing at, seeing Zuko, Azula and Ty Lee. I frown and shake my head. no way it's one of them.

"it's just Zuko, Azula and Ty Lee," I mumble. I wish it had helped but I could also know that it would've been a small chance that me and Toph would find out by her sensing.

Toph shrugs, "it could be Zuko though."

I shake my head at her words, looking at Zuko's direction and making eye-contact. he quickly looks away and starts talking to Ty Lee again.

"no way it's him," I answer to Toph. 

she chuckles softly. "you want to know a secret?" I mumble some words at Toph and she starts talking again. 

"do you remember training last week? well, I was just throwing some rocks at Aang and then the teacher told us to stop so I sat down because we had to. when our teacher told us our training partners and you and Zuko got partnered up, I felt Zuko getting nervous next to me, as if he was scared or something. now that I think of it, he could've just been nervous because he didn't want to hurt you."

I see Toph's smirk and roll my eyes. "no way that's true. I beat his ass a million times, he's probably just scared because I'm such a pro earth-bender.

"I think he has a crush on you and is the one sending you those cute notes."

"oh, shut up." 

I sigh at Toph's words and hear her burst out into laughter. my eyes wander to Zuko again, scanning his form and wondering if Toph's right about him.

why would he even like me? he doesn't even like any of us. plus, last time I checked he and Mai were a thing.

that same day at lunch, me and Toph sat down at the table next to the one Zuko, Azula, Ty Lee and Mai always sit at. 

Katara and Aang were being close again just feeding each other lunch and giggling all the time like they do almost every day. I rolled my eyes at them maybe a million times in my lifetime. their PDA is the worst.

Toph groans, "can you two lovebirds just shut up already? even I can see it and I'm blind."

Sokka, Suki and I laugh about Toph's words and Katara and Aang's face expressions, thinking it's way too hilarious how they react.

"she's right though," I tell them, taking a bite of my noodles. Suki and Sokka nod, eating their lunch in peace right after that.

"what classes do you guys have next?" Suki asks us all, looking at her schedule. 

"Y/N, what do I have next?" I chuckle and shake my head. she knows I've got hers and mine schedule printed into my head.

"history of the fire nation," I tell her. 

she groans. "that's the worst subject."

"hey, but you're not alone!" Suki says. Toph raises her hand and Suki high fives her, both girls being happy their next class is together.

"I'm going to spirit studies next," I say. I look around the table but everyone shakes their head. 

"no, we don't have that. me, Aang and Katara are going to self defense next," Sokka says. I sigh and nod.

"guess I'm alone."

after lunch we all walk towards our next classes. I'm already glad most of our classes are together. 

I wish we didn't have to go to school. all nations are in peace, what isn't a bad thing of course, but I just wish there was something to do around here.

everything changed many years ago before me and the others were even born. the world is at peace after Avatar Roku brought peace into the world. we're all glad it was all over, of course, but no one though this would happen.

they decided it would be best if there was a big school where every kid could go to school and learn about all the things that are important in life. every parents that have money go to this school and get the highest education. 

but we all just want to fight crimes and learn how to master our elements but we can't. they won't allow us to do that and all the kids have to go to school. 

and I mean, Aang is the Avatar, he needs to save the world... not go to school and learn about the history of the fire nation. I mean, who cares? an Avatar has other duties and has to learn other things. not these kind of things. it just doesn't make sense.

I sigh and sit down in one of the chairs. I'm so not looking forward to this class.

after some minutes someone sits down next to me. I look up and catch Zuko's eye, frowning. 

"can I sit here?"he asks me. I nod slowly, looking around the classroom. Azula and Ty Lee are sitting next to each other at the other side of the room, why is Zuko sitting next to me?

"sure," I answer him while Toph's words wander around my head.

the class starts but all I can think about are Toph's words. Zuko's making me confused. what does he want?

when the class ends, we all get up from our seats. I want to walk away to reunite with my friends as soon as possible and try to have some fun in the city but someone lays his hand on my shoulder.

I look up and see Zuko. he smiles and his cheeks are a deep shade of red. "um, Y/N, do you want to go to the school dance with me?"

my eyes widen. I can feel Aang, Katara and Sokka's eyes on me.

all I do is stare at Zuko, no words are coming out. his smile fades and he takes his hand back. "I take that as a no," he says, and wants to walk away.

Sokka quickly runs towards us. "wait, Zuko! she would love to be your date at the dance."

Zuko turns back around and smiles. "really?" he asks, waiting for an answer.

Sokka nods excitedly and nudges me. "yeah, right Y/N?" he looks at me, waiting for a response. when I don't answer, he nudges me again. this time harder.

I nod slowly and smile a little, getting out of my trance. "yeah... yeah okay, that would be great."

"good, good. I'll pick you up in your room, then. see you at 8pm," he says with the biggest smile I've ever seen on him.

and then he walks away leaving me stunned, still confused at what just happened.