Becoming Endzone: Haeseong

2009

What's up? My name is Yeon Haeseong, I am 12 and I'm about to become K-Pop's newest sensation. I mean I hope so at least.

I'm taking dance classes and I'm considered the best there. I had a lot of trouble when I joined because I'm tall. I'm 12 and I'm 174cm. That is pretty dope but I used to look ridiculous dancing. But now, I'm killing it.

Why do I think I'm gonna be famous soon? Well, this SM scout came to the studio and I could tell he had an eye on me. I must admit that I really like SM, Shinee debuted recently and they are amazing. They were also home for Super Junior, the coolest dudes in Korea.

You know who I love? My mom. She really knows what's best for me. As a kid, I'd always be getting down to songs and mom noticed some potential in me. She enrolled me in dance classes from age 7 and I must tell you it was the right call.

I know SM is hardcore but I'm sure I can take it. I believe in my skills, I just have to go ahead and show them.

The dudes in my class were still hopeful they could be called up. A lot of them were older than me so thet actually felt that it would be a factor. I was unbothered to be honest, they weren't that good. Most of them just learned right but had nothing interesting to their moves. They were pretty dull. The girls were better though. But still, I didn't feel like I would be competing with them. I truly felt they would pick me and a girl. At least that's what our teachers said. I have a good pick for the girl, the 18 year old Minji. She's the best girl dancer of our class.

Today, I have dance class and I'm hoping to hear some good news.

We have our class and as usual it goes very well. It's always fun. Our thursday teacher has a great energy and she pushes us a lot. I respect her a lot. She was my biggest mentor up until now.

Before the class ends, teacher announces that the SM scout will come to the studio tomorrow during our class and say if he there's anyone selected. Apparently, the selected people would go to an individual audition. I'm getting that shot.

I know myself. I get myself some very good sleep and get ready for tomorrow's class. At this point, school is not my priority. Mom would be mad if she knew how much I think about other things when I'm at school.

There we are in our class. I'm legit doing my best without being a show off like the other lame dudes. Minji is also doing amazing, makes me think that I might share the crown with someone else. My confidence is way up high, I know that I'm a decent dancer.

The class ends and teacher gives space for the scout to talk to us.

"Hi, everyone. As you know, I'm a scout for SM Entertainment and I've come to your studio to see if there are prospects to come to our building and try out for an individual audition. I am going to be straightforward with you. I've made up my mind the day I came here for the first time. There are two students that really caught my attention and I believe would be great fit for SM."- said the scout.

This must be me and Minji. I have no doubt in my heart. It's finally going to happen, I'm joining a company.

"The selected students are Yeon Haeseong and Kim Hwayoung. Congratulations!"

What? Hwayoung? Really? She just joined the classes and she is very unexperienced. Minji is way better, honestly, all the other girls are better than her right now.

You know what? I think I get it. Hwayoung is really pretty. She has an idol-like face. Did I get picked for my looks too? That sucks. Minji must be pretty upset, she really wanted to get into SM. I don't know how to feel right now but I guess I got the opportunity so I must do my best and prove that I'm not only a good-looking guy.