Becoming Endzone: Maxy

2013

Hey, my name is Thanapek Sumatra but everyone calls me Maxy. My mom gave that nickname when I was young. I love dancing. I want to do it professionaly. My favourite dancers are BoA, Michael Jackson, Chris Brown and SHINee's Taemin. All of them dance really really well. BoA is my biggest inspiration, I want to be as good as her one day.

Ever since I can remember it has been me and mom against the world. She is the best. She is always finding ways to make me happy. Thanks to her I can dance all the time. I've been doing amateur dancing recently but I want to be able to go pro sometime soon.

A few years ago I appeared on TV for a competition. It was kinda lame but I won in the end. I could've joined a company but I refused. My dream since then was to join SM like BoA.

Global Audition

Mom just came to me super excited to tell me SM Entertainment is coming to Thailand to do global auditions. She said she spent the whole day trying to get us tickets to go to the audition. She knows how much I admire BoA, an SM artist, so this is the biggest opportunity of my life.

We go to Bangkok for the auditions and it is packed. So many people coming to audition it is crazy. I know my worth though, I am prepared to give it my all for this chance.

So many talented dancers are here today. I hope SM gives a chance to many of us. I hope I make it too.

Out of all 5,000 contestants I was the only one picked to become a trainee. I couldn't believe it. There were some great people who didn't get it. I never expected to be the only one picked.

Mom didn't even think about it, she wants me to go and become an idol already. It's sad to part ways but I know we'll meet again. I'll make mom proud.

Trainee Days

It's my first day in SM and the staff told me I'm going to be taking the advanced lessons for dancing already. At the class I meet this tall guy my age, Haeseong. We instantly click. He is like twice my size but he dances really well. I never thought I'd see someone so tall dancing so well but there he was. What is great about him is how kind he is. He was very understanding of my difficulty with korean and put effort to talk to me. We started hanging out right away. We dance together all the time. We hang out and eat. He is pretty much my best friend here.

There's this problem though. The next debuting trainees are already being chosen. SM said they will start calling up soon and I'm sure Haeseong is a confirmed member. I got first place in a dance ranking made by trainees, just one vote ahead of Haeseong which is crazy to me because I'm new here. With that said, I don't know if my little training time will be overlooked. I don't know if they are going to choose me.

Well, Haeseong was picked. Six guys were chosen already and I don't know how many will honestly. Haeseong leaving kinda sucks. Now, the classes aren't going to be as fun as they used to. I still have friends but I just wish Haeseong was still here. Anyways, I'm happy for him.

2014

Something amazing has happened. It took a while but SM called me up to SMROOKIES. I am the ninth member. Now I know about it all. SM apparently wanted it to be a 9-member group with me as the last member but apparently they are thinking of doing 11. I wonder if any of the guys I trained with will be called. There was also a new guy from Japan who just joined. I wonder if he'd end up joining.

I'm finally reunited with my friend, Haeseong. We are still good friends and practicing is a lot more fun with him around. I'm happy that we'll debut together.