Pre-planned Defeat

"You very well know that if you're already planning your defeat, there's no point to try in the first place, right?"

     We walked alongside each other as we crossed the sidewalk quietly. The streets weren't bustling at this time of day, as it was late afternoon.

     I whisper-shouted back. "So what? Are you going to stop me from doing it?" She ignored me, and continued talking calmly.

     "The point of defeat is that you try, and if you fail, you take defeat. You don't plan your defeat before it happens." We made a turn and continued walking down another street. I glanced at her quickly, then turned my head to the other side in defiance.

     "Is this what you want? To fail? And on purpose, of all things?"

     I didn't respond back. I could very much make my own decisions by myself.

     "If defeat is near, planning it won't matter." Her voice wavered for a moment. I frowned slightly, but started to walk away.

     "And who's going to stop me?"

     My last words, before i made a sharp turn and she left my line of sight. Maybe she was right. But it didn't matter. Not anymore, to say the least. I had places to be. I tap on an earpiece that had been inside of my ear, and prepare to sabotage.

__

Please note that my work is copyrighted. Thank you!