Chapter 20

Time skip. Wheeeeeeeee

Anne wakes up early. It was September 7th. Aka her most favourite day. Elizabeth had recently started figure skating and theatre classes and Anne had decided to throw a surprise party. It was gonna be easy. The kids would all be at school so there was lots of time to prepare. They start off by putting decorations up and then Jane and Cathy get cooking while everyone else wraps presents. Which ends up with Anna wrapping kitty up and calling her the best gift she'd ever gotten. There was quite a lot of gifts. Ice skates and a competition outfit from Anne, A skateboard from Anna, a humidifier from Jane, a water bottle and face mask hamper from Catherine, makeup and hair stuff from kitty, an actors survival kit from Cathy with a lot of the very essential stuff. And then from Mary there was art supplies, Mae got her a mini hamper with a bracelet, bath bombs and lip balms and Edward got her a jar of her favourite sweets, an oversized t shirt, fluffy socks and baby today pyjama pants. Trixie was running around excitedly with some ribbon on her collar barking and wagging her tail. Almost like she knew it was a special day.

***

"Happy birthday Lizzie!" Elizabeth laughs when she walks into the classroom to see everyone standing there with cake and treats. And a hamper with presents.
"We all pitched together for a hamper of stuff. Except Elaine who wanted to give you something herself" Mia says and Elizabeth smiles.
"Thanks guys!" They share out the cake and sit around eating. The hamper was impressive. Personalised dressing gown, all her favourite snacks, vouchers, art supplies, candles, bath bombs, face masks, soaps, theatre kid essentials and bubble bath stuff. From Elaine there was a necklace with a photo of the two of them in it, glow in the dark stars, a treat box with all her favourite snacks and her favourite hoodie.

Time skip

Elizabeth smiles as she sits down on the stage. Drama. A triple period on Mondays which she LOVED. She had also joined an ice skating team outside of school meaning she went straight from there to the rink on Mondays and Fridays. Today they'd find out their musical. Their winter musical. The teacher walks in and sits on the directors desk.
"Well well you lovely lot. Today we find out what your musical is!" Everyone cheers and starts chatting amongst their groups.
"Now this years funds are going towards a special treat for our class. A trip to see Broadway musicals and a week in New York!"
Everyone starts chattering excitedly and Elizabeth grins. She'd heard talk of them producing six on Broadway and she was so pumped to check it out.
"Now you guys. Our musical this year will be the bridges of madison county!"

Time skip

Elizabeth smiles as she pulls on her skates and heads out onto the ice.
"Hey Lizzie!" Her friend from the class, Maisie calls, gliding over to her and coming to a clumsy stop.
"Hi Maisie. Still getting the hang of the stop I see"
"Yeah. So what are you aiming to get the hang of now? Triple axel I bet"
"How did you guess?" She teases, speeding off and doing a series of tricks to warm up.
"Oh how elegant you truly are dear" she stops and looks around.
"How grown up you are. How old are you now?" She turns around to see a man she doesn't know watching her.
"Sir this is a closed practice"
"I'm just here to talk to Katherine Howard" he points at her and Elizabeth freezes.
"Katherine Howard? I'm Elizabeth!" She exclaims and the man chuckles.
"Oops. Looks like I have the wrong place" he shakes his head.
"I should've remembered Katherine didn't have red hair" he walks away after this and Elizabeth goes over to where her phone is, texting the family chat.

Lizzie: hey Anna? Some random dude showed up at the rink looking for Kitty. He was tall. Brown hair, grey eyes, beard and a weird smile. Just to keep a lookout.
Anna: now I know my next murder target
Lizzie: ANNA NO
Mum: Anna no
Mommy: Anna no
Catherine: don't do it Anna
Mary: I suggest burning
Catherine: Mary. No
Edward: Mary what the fuck. Anna...NEXT?!
Jane: language Edward. Anna no. WHAT DO YOU MEAN NEXT?!
Anna: Anna yes. And we do not speak of blubby the goldfish again.
Kitty: babe I do not want you going to jail. I don't wanna have to go without cuddles and seeing you every day.
Anna: Anna no.
Mae: yeah. Anna no.
Anne: rip blubbles. We did not mean to smash your tank.
Anna: I said no more mentioning him! I'm still upset about that.
Jane: as the mom who fixes injuries and upsets, I prescribe a lot of cuddles
Kitty: I will administer those right away doctor

Elizabeth chuckles and puts her phone down, going back to practice, attempting a triple axel. She falls a few times before just managing to do one with a shaky landing.

Time skip

Anne smiles as she waits outside the ice rink for Elizabeth with Trixie on her leash. It was green with little gems. Elizabeth had picked it with a matching collar. Eventually Lizzie walks out with her friends and smiles, running over to hug her and then Trixie who barks happily and licks her face as Elizabeth stands up holding her.
"Ready to go home then?" Elizabeth nods, holding onto Trixie's leash and putting her on the ground.
"So how was class?" They walk down to where Anne had parked the car and Anne helps her put her stuff and Trixie into the car. They both get in and Trixie snuggles up at Elizabeth's feet while she tells Anne all about the class. The weird guy. The tricks she'd mastered. The triple axel she was working on.
"My little girl. Getting all grown up" Anne says, smiling at her as she drives them home. She carries the gifts in and Elizabeth follows with Trixie. She puts the stuff down in the living room and gestures to the others.
"Surprise! Happy birthday Lizzie!"