Surviver

All that fills my ears is the sound of the sirens and people talking. "Lets start to pull them out" says a man with a deep voice. He pulls us out one by one. One by one they check for survivors. I close my eyes and I shut the world out. I wake up once again with that same clean scent. Its blurry but I know that I'm in a hospital. I open my eyes to see my parents. My mom holds my hand and begins. She swallows back the tears and starts to talk, "Sweetheart, you were in a accident. Your bus was hit by a car. You have a disabled leg and doctors are not sure if you can walk on it anytime soon." I smile "I'm just glad I'm ok and you are here and that all the kids are good. But mom how are you gonna pay for the hospital bill? I mean I know I shouldn't worry about this because I'm a kid but..." My mom stops me looks and my dad and says "Honey, you were the only child that survived the accident."
Me?
Im not sure why I wasn't effected. A bit shocked but it was like I didn't care. Maybe its the reason I don't have any friends on that bus or in the whole school, or was it I didn't care about them. " Do...do you know who did it mom?" She shook her head and said it was a hit and run.
Hit and run just like last time.