Rain to Spirit

Oh My Stallion,

Worry not, my love. Better for the country, better for us; I wouldn't want our children growing up in a broken society. Place yourself in the highest regard! This is the Spirit that I married, the one that gives his all for everything! Why, this is what I admire about you. You away from the safety of your home, yet you worry about me! I promise to you, I'll be all right, as long as you are.

I remember first meeting you; oh how my knees shook; how my hands start to sweat. Forgive me, dear, for not shaking your hand that day; you might've thought I had a condition of sweaty hands. Only around you.

When you asked me on a date, I accepted because I knew these "symptoms" meant something. Clearly it was something about you that I noticed within the first ten minutes of us talking. But I waited, making sure you were the one.

When I became your girlfriend (the joy of that day!) it was because I was getting ever-closer to loving you. When I took your hand in marriage, it was because I loved you with all my heart. There was no doubt in my mind, I wanted to be yours, and yours alone.

While the former two still hold true, I believe the latter is the greatest. We did not marry only because our hearts fluttered, only because my hand fit in yours so well. We married because we wished well for each other, and we knew, Spirit, that we were best for the other. A lifelong commitment was made, and I have no intention of breaking it. Do not worry your heart; from now until your return, and after your return, I will be your friend, your lover, and biggest of all, your wife.

Remember the priest who married us? He told me this is a gift in disguise: it will strengthen our love. During mass, he even said a prayer for the military. I've been praying for you; for us. I can promise you, I have no doubt He will come through.

Your Rain