Chapter 1: The Thief with a Boar Mask

It's a quiet night in Gerudo Town. The only signs of movement are guards and a few night owl vendors. Everyone was cleaning up after a little celebration, as the princess of Hyrule had come to visit. But nobody noticed a cloaked figure leap over the wall. Covered head to toe in a black cloak, his arms covered with bandages, hiding any obvious area of skin. The figure was wearing and bintricately carved boar skull mask.

       The figure silently jumps from rooftop to rooftop, crouching when a guard looks in its direction

       The figure silently jumps from rooftop to rooftop, crouching when a guard looks in its direction. He finally arrives at the Chieftain's palace. He climbs up the wall and slips in through a window, despite their large frame. They quietly stalk down the corridors, before taking the stairs up to Chief room. Sleeping in the bed was Lady Urbosa, along with Princess Zelda. The figure quietly steps towards Zelda's research bag. They ruffle through it, and pull out the Sheikah Slate. They then pull out a small scroll from the folds of the cloak and leave it by the bag, before turning and dashing out of the room.

      In the morning, Zelda wakes up with a slow yawn. She looks around and spots the scroll. She hurriedly gets up, and opens the scroll, she skims over it, before gasping and rummaging through her bag. The commotion wakes up Urbosa, who rushes to her side.

"Little bird, what's wrong?"

"Someone stole the Sheikah Slate! Look!"

She shows Urbosa her scroll, and Urbosa carefully scans the message.

"Wait. It says they'll return the slate at noon. But this signature... it's the same  as a certain thief who's been stealing food and a few bits of jewelry for the past few months. No one knows if they're male or female. But one thing I know is that haven't gone back on their word. They've returned any important family heirlooms or treasured pictures that got caught up in their theft, with a formal apology. We've speculated who they are but nothing. They aren't of the Yiga Clan, as we've seen them clash in the distance, but both disappear before our guards can get close."

"I see. But for as something as valuable as the Sheikah Slate, do you really think they won't keep it for themselves?"

"No. I'm certain. But, just in case, gather the others, at the Kara Kara Bazaar. We'll head out to meet them where they've arranged. By the new statues of the Six heroines."

Timeskip

"So, what are we gonna do with the theif guy?"

"That's unsure. It depends on how they react to the rest of you."

     They arrive, the massive looming statues being a looming sight. As they approach, they see a cloaked figure moving large glowing orbs to statues with similar colors and patterns.

"What are they doing?"

"I dunno, but look!"

      Hanging at the cloaked persons waist was the Sheakh slate. Finally, the person fits in the last, phone ball. A rumble and shake, and the ground starts to upheave. And a shrine slowly emerges. The figure pumps their fist into the air.

"Hey!"

      The figure turns and spots the group. They wave and start to cautiously approach them. They take the Sheikah Slate off their waist, and hands it to Link. They point at him, then at the Slate, then at the small pedestal by the shrine.

"Hey uh... Link? I think he wants you to touch the pedestal thingy with the slate thingy."

They nod and drag him towards the shrine. Zelda reaches out as if to pull Link back. But she calms down. The figure stands to the side as Link places the Slate against the pedestal. The shrine pulses, before the sides fade from orange to blue, wiggle the top still remains the same. The bar like door folds away, revealing an elevator.

"We've finally figured it out! That's how you open them! The Hero of Hyrule needs to do it!"

"I... see."

Then they all turn to the figure, who's scribbling in a worn down notebook.

"And just who are you? And how did you figure this out?"

The figure closes their notebook and grabs the cloak, before dramatically throwing it off. And everyone's eyes widened in shock. Standing there, muscular and  with bright red hair and gold eyes, was a male Gerudo.

"Greetings, Champions of Hyrule! I'm pleased to meet you! You can refer to me by the same name of my predecessors! My name is Ganondorf!"