Unspoken Promise

Jeremy never said anything because they are in front of the children.
He did laugh to ease the tension.
But he keeps clenching and unclenching his fist glaring at Atlas.
Atlas looks away.

Jeremy and Oliver only let him go because he said he already calmed down but after they let him go he rushed and punched the kid.
It seems Jeremy and Oliver like that kid.

But he can't handle his temper.

"Ericson, who is that person?"

Ericson glared at him and waited for 5 seconds. He takes a deep breath and grit his teeth before answering.

"Our friend."

Atlas looks away again.
It seems that boy is popular.
But to be able to befriend these three so easily.
He is aware that what he did was uncalled for. In the end, he calmed down after a while and understood that he really needed to control his temper or what would he do if he hurt his daughter next?

Somehow, that brat also calmed him down. His words are laced with malice and scorn but not that excessive.
Also, he handled him so maturely.
Atlas covered his face with his palms.
It is a bit embarrassing now but the kid got hit and still handled things perfectly well unlike him. If it was him, he might really plan to kill him.

"Papa?" Princess rubs his head.

Atlas looks up.
"Baby, I'm sorry."

Princess smiles 
"Papa, Kei rubs my head like this and I am so happy. Am I making you happy too?" 
Atlas nods his head.
"Yes."

"Papa, you should apologize to Kei. Kei is not bad. He hits me but it is not that painful. I just got startled at first and thought it hurts a lot. I'm sorry."

Atlas nods.
"Is that so. Papa understands. I will apologize to him."

"Thank you papa. I know you love me but sometimes It is not good to hit so easily. Kei is so small, he rolls so far. I am shocked and hurt for him. Papa, you are bigger and thicker, you should not bully Kei."

Atlas takes a deep breath.
He once again buries his face to his palm and sighs deeply.
"Why am I such a fool?"

Kei is still a teenager. Why is a late 30's old man like him hitting such a frail boy?
He really should go to a counselling. 
He never hit a woman but his temper scares them when he flips out.
He promised his ex-wife he will change for Princess sake but what is he doing?

****

Kei lay down on the grass as he looked at the sky.

The two boys are getting angrier.

Kei sighs.
"You can't complain it turns cloudy. It means it might rain tonight or it might rain tomorrow morning. Just lay down like this." He said.

The two lay down on each of his sides.
Staring at the black clouds.

"Kei, does it hurt?" Asher asks ,staring at the starless sky.

"Yes. It bleeds. Of course it hurts."

"Kei…..I am sorry. He is my uncle so I can't get revenge for you." Jack said, turning his body toward Kei.

Kei sighs and rubs his head.
"Don't think too much. And don't apologize for other's mistake. Let them apologize for his wrong doings. He is an adult and should owe his own fault."

"Jack's first birthday with Kei turns out to be a bad memory because of this. It's just too sad." Asher said.

Kei sourly frowns.
"Why are you basing it on my presence again? Don't put too much pressure on my shoulder." He sighs.