Divorce

"Honestly, Sabra, how could you possibly enjoy Court?" Constance asked her friend as she plucked a rose.

"I don't, Constance. I enjoy the feeling  of being at Court. Not Court itself." Sabra replied, laughing. Constance smirked at Sabra.

"You confuse me. No, no! No need to explain, my thick skull will confuse itself even more." Constance shook her head, smiling. Sabra snorted a laugh down. Constance giggled and picked another rose.

They heard laughter and saw the King approaching, with the Court in tow. Sabra and Constance curtsied low and waited for their King to tell them to rise.

"Mistress York. Lady Sabra. You may rise." the King was cheery. "Mistress York, I have done what I can. Your husband has been called to Court. If he has indeed taken another woman and abandoned his beautiful wife and incredible daughter, your divorce will be made official." he grinned to Constance.

"Your- Your Highness! Thank you!" Constance stammered, sinking into another curtsy.

"It is my pleasure. Little Alice deserves a good father, not a scoundrel. Mistresses can be accepted but not when it means abandoning such a young child. All women need a man. A young child, her father and a woman, her husband." King Henry replied. He took Constance's hand and pulled her up to stand. "Will you walk with me Mistress York?"

"Of course Your Highness."

_______________________________________________________________

"Your Majesty!" Thomas York exclaimed, bowing low and sweeping  his hat off his head.  King Henry grunted in reply and waved a hand to motion he stand. The woman with Thomas curtsied. King Henry did not motion for her to stand. 

"Who is she?" the King asked, he glanced at Constance discretely.

"Mistress Mary York, Your Majesty. My wife." Thomas added hesitantly. Constance bowed her head in shame. 

"Is your wife not the lovely Mistress Constance York? And your daughter, her child, Alice York?" the King frowned. Thomas spluttered, trying to find words to defend himself. Henry waved to Constance and she stepped forward, from the crowd. Thomas went pale when he saw her.

"Constance?" he questioned.

"Take your whore and leave, York. Your wife had the decency to request a divorce before she remarried. A divorce that will be granted. Leave." Henry ordered angrily. Mary still hadn't risen from her curtsy and backed away hastily. Thomas was obviously upset that the King had banished him and called his new wife a whore. Constance didn't care. She would finally be free of the fool.

**FROM THE AUTHOR**

-Sorry that i havent updated in a while. im trying to figure out a plot. 

-please check out one of my other Tudor stories. it is new. it is called "The Basket Girl" i hope you enjoy it!

-also, i am still open to take on characters from you guys! if you want to create a character for this story please leave a comment with the name of the character and some other information about them. such as age, relationships to other characters, etc.