[22] Greed

A dream to become rich made Jeongyeon commit to her job, going as far as offering her life with no complaint just to achieve her lifetime goal. Offering herself to the chairman that she works at, giving her everything to the company like it's her own.

Her conscience and honesty died along with the greed of keeping the job, doing illegal things and sometimes covering for it like it was the right decision to make. It was like she had lost the moral to distinguish the right and the wrong.

She was doing this things that you can call bad things just to gain herself the power and the money that the world had been depriving of her.

She was desperate, alone and contented with all the money her boss is showering her.

She's fine as long as she can live as fancy as she wants, but not until a favor from the chairman shook her.

He asked her to take the rightful heir of the company, Son Chaeyoung. He said he needed the little girl out of their sights. The chairman could not bear the sight that a girl is taking over his company, so he wanted his illegitimate son to take over instead. And as a commited person Jeongyeon is with her job, she obeyed her boss without having any complains.

But in exchange of losing her job because she had to take care of the kid, she gained a share of the Son's wealth. Having a subsidiary company under her name.

The price of the four months old baby that was kept away from the world, being remained protected and hidden, is equal to her dream of having a sumptuous life. The money and the power is finally hers, but the price is just unfair for the little Son Chaeyoung.

Just so a male heir, her brother could have everything that was supposed to be hers, she became a prisoner under the jurisdiction of Yoo Jeongyeon. An innocent child was disposed by her own family just a few months after its birth just because she is a girl.

That's when Yoo Jeongyeon felt the connection between her and the child. Deprived and powerless to have the right to live as they please in this world. She wants to take care of the kid, she wants to take her in like she was her own and she wants the kid to think of her as her mother instead of her captor. If the chairman doesn't want this child, then she wants it.

But it's not as easy as she thought. The chairman did gave her the kid, but conditions are under it and it was cruel and unjust for the kid.

He wanted Chaeyoung out of their family but he still wanted Chaeyoung to take his surname, and he wanted reports about the girl he also wanted Jeongyeon to follow everything that he says regarding on how to take care of the girl.

Jeongyeon hesitated but still took the kid in, thinking that maybe in a few years of time, she could avoid it's consequences.

"I will face it once the time comes when I have to let go of your hand and be the mother that is an undignified person infront of you. But this time, let me take your hand kid and let's live in a beautiful world together, even if everything is just a bunch of lies." She said looking at the child as its small hand is wrapped on her finger.

She took home the kid in her house and promised to live with her as long as the cruel world allows her to.

×××

Mesmerized by the ocean view, both stared at it so intently not minding the awkward silence between the two of them.

"You called me to look at this?" Tzuyu said annoyed at Chaeyoung who just sat at the sand so comfortably.

"Yeah and you came." The short girl said without the intention of teasing the latter, but still did so.

"Because you said you're in danger!" Tzuyu exclaimed but Chaeyoung just let out a chuckle.

"Atleast I get to know that you still actually care for me." Chaeyoung said that made Tzuyu go silent, she felt like she just got caught red handed.

"Hey dude. Can't we just make up? Can't we just be okay like before?" Chaeyoung said looking at the tall girl who's still avoiding her gaze, or you can say her presence all in all.

"How?" Tzuyu then looked at her. "Our relationship is tainted Chaeyoung and I'm telling you I really like Mina." She persistently said.

"Have you ever thought of it this way?" Chaeyoung looked at the ocean this time. "If you are the one that Mina likes, and it was me who's in your situation. Do you think I'm the type of person who would throw away our friendship like that?" Tzuyu hang her head low, ashamed that what her friend is saying right now makes a lot of sense.

"I won't do that Tzuyu. Because if she likes you, I would be happy for you. Not the other fucking way around because I love the both of you." Chaeyoung was in the verge of crying. "Don't you feel the same way? Don't you care about what I feel and what Mina feels?" She emotionally said and as the silence go on she suddenly felt a head on her shoulder.

It was Tzuyu's forehead that leaned on Chaeyoung's shoulder and began to cry all of a sudden.

"You know that Mina is the first and only girl that I liked so I was very greedy. The thought that I was hurting the both of you never came across me. I'm so sorry Chae." She said finally getting that she was in the wrong, accepting that she was acting really fucked up these past few days.

"I understand you, motherfucker." Chaeyoung tried to joked out the emotional breakdown between the two of them and gave her best friend a pat on the back.

"Are we okay now?" Chaeyoung asked just to clarify and she was answered by a curse that definitely means yes.

"Fuck you." Tzuyu said, showing her affection.