Chapter 21 : The one who dreamed of seeing the stars

Extern pov

Tartarus leads the fight.
Even with Bob's help, the demigods are struggling to stay alive.
Bob was tired, and his assaults became less and less precise.

"Well, it looks like the end is near!"

Tartarus raises his arms and projects a wave of energy that repels the heroes without difficulty.

"You are helpless. You can do nothing. Prostrate yourself and die like the insects you are."

Bob turns to the demigods who get up.
"Can you continue?"

They all nod.

"Plus, his cliched phrases get on my nerves," Percy grumbles.

"We need a strategy," says Annabeth.

"I agree with her," agrees Thomas, "brute force isn't enough, we have to play by cunning."

"Percy, do you think you can slow him down? Just until we come up with a plan. You'll be able to use your powers to control the rivers of hell now that we're out of the field," Nico adds.

Percy's smiling.
"Let's get down to business then!"

"Why weren't you using your powers until now?" Ask Minho.

"The only sources of water here are the rivers of hell. Either the Styx, the Lethe, the Cocyte or the Acheron. And believe me, you don't want to get in touch with the moment of them."

"What happens if you get in touch with?" Ask Newt.

"Either you burn in hate, or you drown in your sorrow or laments, or you lose all your memories." Stanislas answers.

"Oh." let go of Thomas.

"Yeah, you understand why I didn't use these rivers when you were nearby. Besides, it requires a lot of energy. And on Tartarus, I don't think it has much effect. I'm going to slow him down but not defeat him that way, so come up with a plan."

And Percy goes to Tartarus with Bob, while the others prepare to make a plan.

"You have decided to die separately? Very well! I'll roast you all!"

Tartarus puts flames in his hands and throws them towards Percy.

"And he starts again with his tirades.",sighs Percy.

Percy does not stop, and he comes crashing back into the wall of fire.

"HA! So desperate that he has run headlong into death! So that's the end of the talented Percy Jack-"

Tartarus could not finish his sentence.

"Complicated to speak with a sword in the throat, eh?" Nargue him Percy, holding Turbulence planted in the throat of Tartarus.

He withdrew the sword with a sharp blow.
"But that's not going to kill you."

The wound of Tartarus was already closed.

"How are you still alive? You should have burned."

"Fire can do nothing against water."

"And that-- oh, I see. Clever. You surrounded your body with water, like armor. Efficient but dangerous with rivers from hell."

Percy closes his eyes and raises his arms.

He lets out a cry of defiance and the rivers around him explode and bend to his will, forming a giant fist that falls on Tartarus.

Percy advances towards a Tartarus on his knees, his eyes still closed.