Chapter 22 : Undisclosed title

A/N:
Yo!
I could tell you a lot about this chapter. Like its title, for example. But for the moment, I prefer to keep it quiet.
Enjoy the chapter!

🔱 🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱

Extern PoV

"I WILL EXTERMINATE YOU ALL!"

Tartarus starts running towards the demigods.

"Let's hope Nyx comes back soon," said Thomas.

"One thing is certain, she will not arrive before Tartarus is upon us. Prepare yourselves!"

Percy turns to his friends.
"Our goal is to hold him, we can't kill him. So we don't take unnecessary risks, all we have to do is buy time."

They nod their heads.

"Thomas, you go to the left, Annabeth, to the right, I'll go head-on. Annabeth, at your signal."

Tartarus was getting dangerously close.

"Not yet... not yet... NOW!"

Annabeth and Thomas jump to the side, while Percy uses the water to project himself into the air, over Tartarus.

Percy lets himself fall back on Tartarus, making him fall, and tries to put his sword in his body.

But Tartarus, less stunned than he seems, grabs the demigod by the ankle and lifts him up in the air, upside down.

"PERCY!"

Annabeth arrived towards them with the aim of helping him.

Tartarus sketches a smile, and throws Percy on Annabeth which makes them both fall, before moving towards Thomas who was trying to approach silently in the hope of planting his spear.

Tartarus catches the tip of the spear, then raises his arm in a sharp blow.
Thomas, who was clinging to the spear, is thrown into the air.

Percy looks at Thomas, and Thomas nods his head.

The fall would have been fatal to him had it not been for Poseidon's son, who slows his fall with a river from hell.

"You are pitiful."

Tartarus raises Thomas's spear over the latter, cowering as if under the effect of the Cocyte.

"Your friend has only delayed your death. Even if the fall did not kill you, the river that saved you will be the cause of your loss. Die."

And he lowers the spear.
It breaks when it touches Thomas.

"What the...?"

Taking advantage of the surprise of the lord of the abyss, Thomas gets up and catches him so as to immobilize him.

"WELL DONE THOMAS!"
Percy is about to throw a blow with his sword, but Tartarus disappears.

"Bunch of insolent people! To make me use my powers to escape... I will kill you slowly for this affront!"

Tartarus advances towards Percy and Thomas, fire dancing in his eyes, his footsteps digging craters in the ground.

Flames appear in his hands.
A blade passes through his torso.

"Don't forget that there are three of us."
With these words, Annabeth raises the blade of her dagger, cutting the upper part of Tartarus in two.

Without wasting time, she joins Thomas and Percy.
"How it is possible? The spear...?"

"It is thanks to Percy."