Internet Stalking

This chapter is for...

❤️ @nettab50 ❤️

 Thanks for your support!

Your search - Malik Holston Institution - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure that all words are spelt correctly. Try different keywords. Try more general keywords.

"How?" I whispered. Google had stuff on everyone, even on me and I don't really use social media. I knew that just typing 'Malik' was pointless as there were many people called that. So far my search hadn't borne any fruits except for frustration.

I decided to change my method. It was obvious he was very wealthy and powerful - or his family was - so there was no point trying to search him up. Maybe I could try researching Dr Patel. I headed to the Holston's website and under the 'staff' section I found him listed as 'Dr Sameer Patel' which I pasted into the search bar.

"Wow", I whistled quietly in shock. This guy was a big deal. He had at least 2 PhDs, graduated from med school, carried out ground-breaking research and then specialised. What was such a person doing here? It must obviously be due to the high salary. I mean I got paid a lot and I was new. He must be paid a lot more as he said he had been in Holston's for a while.

For some reason, he didn't have any social media and there weren't many pictures of him. As my search progressed further, things started getting weirder.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find out anything about him prior to university. No Facebook posts from his parents of him when he was little and no mention of any of the schools he attended which just didn't make any sense. Schools tend to show off when such an accomplished person came from their school. That was definitely ringing alarm bells.

I tried my luck with Dr Seacole and Nurse Carter and hit the same dead end. It couldn't just be a coincidence. Their pasts were all hidden and they all had one thing in common - they knew about Malik. To test that theory, I Googled a random Nurse who used to work with Jessica and I was right. If I dug deep enough, I found all out all sorts of random things about her which I couldn't do with anyone connected to Malik. It was like they had most of their upbringing purposefully hidden.

So not only was everything about Malik a secret, but anyone connected to him was also shrouded in mystery. There were no legal records about them which didn't make sense and was technically impossible. I decided to write that down in my notebook.

Next, I typed up Colston's village and a whole bunch of articles came up like 'Colstons to host the elusive Holston's institution' and other random articles. I scrolled down to the bottom of the page and the articles were very typical and not very interesting. There were no crimes and nothing special was reported. Out of desperation, I decided to go on the last page on the last link and click on the link which directed me to a Facebook page.

"Bingo", I whispered. It was a Facebook post posted a while ago from a name I didn't recognise and it frankly seemed made up and there was a lengthy post with the Colston's hashtag. The account had only made this one post so I decided to read it.

"Sorry, this message has to be anonymous, but they somehow pulled down my other posts so I made another account to warn people. Like everyone else here, I was excited for Holston's to be built here as it meant more business for my husband's shop which is always a good thing and I was grateful for the new doctors that came as well as my Caleb had his broken arm treated quickly instead of having to go to the nearest city for treatment. But there is something going on behind those closed doors, mark my words.