one

we're playing croquet. again.

you'd think at this rate, my so called 'besties' would be sick of hitting a ball into a small goal. but nope. croquet for the third time today.

i'm not playing this round, instead serving as a caddie for hyunjin. the other two have to carry their own shit because i refuse to serve anyone besides hyunjin. and i only serve him because hes horrifying.

i watch as seungmin hits the dark green ball and we all watch as it rolls through the wicket. seungmin just smiles and steps to the side.

"nice hit seungmin," i say. he nods at me, scared to break the odd peacefulness of hyunjin's mood. a snap of said blond's fingers brings me out of my 'conversation' with seungmin and i quickly hand hyunjin his mallet.

we all watch as hyunjin gracefully hits the ball. it rolls through the wicket, knocking seungmin's away. hyunjin hands me the mallet and i take it.

"minhooo," felix whines. oh goodness. what does he want.

"yes lix?" i ask, maintaining my soft tone.

"can you get us some lemonade from inside? you aren't playing so it won't be a hassle."

"su-"

"get it yourself felix! you have two legs for a reason!"

yikes. there goes hyunjin's calm attitude.

i watch as felix pouts. he hates being snapped at by hyunjin. you'd think he'd be used to it by now, after all they've all been friends since middle school. i've been with them for a little less than a year and i've already gotten used to the blond's constant pissy attitude.

"it's no hassle, hyunjin. i can go," i say, setting the red-striped mallet against a tree. he just sighs, waving a hand to dismiss me to the kitchen.

i quickly scurry out of the garden, a tense breath i didn't know i had been holding escaping my mouth. mrs. hwang offers me a strange smile as i walk through the sliding door.

"lemonade?" she asks. i nod and stand by the door patiently. i watch as the older woman pours four glasses of lemonade and sets them on a tray. she hands me the silver tray and i take it with a small nod of gratitude then make my way back to the garden.

"fucking finally," hyunjin groans as he grabs the red pokadotted mug. "took you long enough ditz. i've cum faster than that."

my teeth grit together but i just shrug. "sorry hyunjin."

"whatever."

i swear one day i'm going to hit him aside the head with his own mallet. he'd deserve it.

"i heard there's a party in town this weekend," seungmin states as he nurses his glass. "maybe minho can finally attend one."

"yeah minho~" felix teases, jutting my side playfully. felix was my favorite. he was the most bearable of the three witches i called my friends.

"i haven't gone to a party by choice," i explain, taking hyunjin's empty glass from his hands.

"a horrible choice, really," the blond says, picking up his mallet. he sets his foot on the ruby red ball and hits it. it sends seungmin's ball rolling a few yards away from the main game setup.

"i'd rather not have girls grinding on me all night," i defend. 'i'd rather have guys' i really wanna say. but they don't know that about me. and they probably never will.

"he'd rather write in his little diary," seungmin teases. i stick my tongue out at him and he reciprocates.

"anyways, minho you're coming with me this weekend. you've got five whole days to prepare so don't you dare chicken out." hyunjin's words were harsh, like they always are. i just nod and set the tray down.

"my mom wants me home soon. we're having ddukbokki."

"see ya, minho," felix waves. i give him a soft smile and make way out of the garden.

•••

dear diary,

hyunjin's forcing me to go to a party this weekend. i've got five whole days to learn how to not gag when a female flirts with me.

wish me luck.

i'm failing a class or two since hyunjin's always wanting me by his side. i don't see how he can be both rude and clingy, but he manages.

i honestly can't tell whenever i love him (platonically of course) or want to smash his insides with a hammer.

maybe this party will finally help me make up my mind.

hopefully.

- lee minho

i set my journal in one of my desk drawers and take off my glasses. the world becomes slightly blurry but it doesn't matter. i spend my evenings like this most of the time.

i find my way over to my bed, crawling into the sheets and curling into a ball. i was so ready for sleep. today had been so boring and i wanted it to end.

my room was dark all except for the small nightlight that lit up a corner so there was no need for my sleeping mask. i pull the covers over me and let my eyes finally close.