two

"what's the question today?" i ask, sitting down next to hyunjin. the cafeteria was as loud as always so my voice was raised. hyunjin gives me a smirk and slides the clipboard my way.

"if you were to win five million dollars from the lottery and the same exact day an alien invasion happened, what would you do?" i read out loud. i give hyunjin a look of confusion which he matches back with a confident smile.

"pretty rad, right?"

i just nod and slide the clipboard back to him. my lunch didn't look that appealing but i picked at it anyways. not eating was seungmin's thing, apparently. and dear god he think i'm copying him.

"metal mouth, ten o'clock," felix snickers and points towards the door of the cafeteria. in walks the subject of the entire schools torment, yang jeongin.

honestly, i saw nothing wrong with him. of course i didn't, we were best friends until hyunjin decided to take me under his evil wings. jeongin was bullied because he had braces and was gay. it's horrible.

"i say we have a little fun~" seungmin chuckles, pulling out a piece of paper and pencil from his bag.

"no way," i say, shaking my head. "i have nothing against the kid."

"he's a fag, that should be enough," hyunjin sneers. i sigh and take the pen seungmin was waving around. all three of my 'friends' cheer in victory.

"what do you want me to write?" i ask. i really didn't want to do this. jeongin was like my brother. we spent our childhood together. and i gave up all that for popularity. how pathetic am i?

"a horny love letter from chan!" felix pipes, his evil smile wide. "there was a rumor that he's in love with him!"

i know for a fact that isn't true. jeongin would've told me. right?

"dear jeongin," hyunjin starts. i start writing in a spitting image of chan's handwriting. i was partnered with him in chemistry so i saw it everyday. "i've been thinking about you. you occupy my thoughts all the time and i can't get the thought of you down on your knees for me out of my head. meet me by the dumpsters afterschool and we'll make that thought become reality. signed, bang chan."

i finish the letter and hand it to felix without a word. i didn't like this one bit. felix folds it up and slips away from the table.

"loosen up, minho," seungmin insists. "he deserves it!"

"what exactly has be done to deserve it?" i snap back. i was so tired of their bullshit.

"stop with the attitude or you'll be sitting at the losers table by the end of the week," hyunjin states, rolling his eyes. "you used to be so fun! what happened?"

i ignore his question and instead look towards where jeongin was seated. felix had successfully slipped the note onto his tray but the boy hadn't noticed it yet.

"come on, loser," hyunjin states, standing up. "we have to go collect answers."

i stand up without a word and follow hyunjin to where we usually collected answers. we only collected answers from the people who hyunjin deemed "worthy" of speaking to us. complete bullshit.

"minho, remember we're going to that party tomorrow evening," hyunjin reminds me. he hands me the clipboard and tightens the red scrunchie that held the top half of his blond hair up. "you are coming. i don't want a bullshit excuse about how your grandmas in the hospital again."

"right," i answer. hyunjin yanks the clipboard out of my hands and gives me a sarcastic smile.

"i'm doing this for you, minho. you need to get laid. you're so fucking uptight."