ii.

home;

She sat on the Hogwarts express once again to start her third year. Over the summer she had grown more, well, more noticeable curves, as did most of the girls in her year. And you could tell the boys were more then intrigued. It was getting annoying.

I sat in a compartment with Ernie, Justin, Susan, and Hannah, talking about how each of our summers went. Susan went to France over the summer as she always does, and that got Hannah asking the same questions she asks every year. "Was the food as good as they make it out to be?", "Are French people really rude?", etc.

"Yes Hannah, the food was amazing, and yes Hannah, they are pretty rude." Susan said.

"Hey Hannah, did you see any quidditch games this year?" Justin asked, not wanting to hear about France anymore and knowing that she wouldn't stop talking about it unless the subject was changed.

"Yes actually I did" Hannah said, sitting up a little straighter then usual to prove a point that she did, in fact, go to lots of quidditch games this year.

Hannah started rambling about the Wimbourne Wasps and the Montrose Magpies game as expected.

I noticed Justin trying to hide his stare that was directed towards me. I didn't know if it was because he noticed I had stuck close to him since he got petrified last year, or because of an unknown reason. 

I was about to ask when the train came to a stop and the lights went out. The boys went out to check what was going on outside the compartment, but the train jerked them back to their seats. A dark hooded figured glided past our compartment and minutes later the lights went back on.

"What in Merlin's name is going on?" Ernie wondered out loud. Nobody answered because no one knew. 

Hannah slowly started talking about quidditch again until it lulled me to sleep with Justin's eyes lingering on me.

. * . * . * .

Susan gently nudged me complaining that her leg was numb and that we were at Hogwarts. Home. Walking to the carriages seeing the castle shining like it was the star of the show, reminded me of the way the smell of blueberry muffins woke me up on Saturdays. The warmth of the library. The dirt that gets stuck under your fingers when you get out of Herbology. The relief of getting a good mark on a test in which you thought would flunk. Everything about it made you happy.

"Look who it is, the delirious Macmillan's." Said the drawling voice of Draco Malfoy. His goons laughed

Well maybe not everything.

Ernie's face flooded with a red color that would rival the Weasley's hair. I was about to turn my head but thought against it so I just scoffed and rolled my eyes. He didn't deserve my attention.

"What now, you two have gone mute?" They laughed again. That was the breaking point.

"No Malfoy, we just don't want to talk to people who's only pathetic, pointless, threat in an argument is that you're going to tell you're dearest father." I said as we climbed into the carriages. 

"What, your confidence not big enough to the point where you think you can do damage? Oh please. We're not the delirious ones here." I said as the carriage drove away and I waved. He was on the verge of tears, and I couldn't help but laugh.

a/n; first part! ahhh!! please please please give feedback :) ily yall. its sorta short but they will get longer i pinky promise