[No.7 Support | Enemy to Caretaker]

[Warnings: Physical Abuse, Abusive Parent, Bruises, Bullying]

"Why are you so insensitive?"

One of the girls in his classroom had her hand on his desk, the other on her hip. Her eyes were pinched in disapproval and suffered a heavy loss of respect. Her expression wasn't made up of ill-intended humor, rather hurt in a defensive way. Kokichi wore an empty stare, a lazy, and careless grin over his lips.

"Why are you so nosy?"

She sighed, frustrated. The stress created lines in her forehead, and her jaw looked tense by the way she clenched her teeth. "Nevermind." She lifted her hands up in defeat. "You obviously don't care to be a decent person." She turned, her hands coiled in angry fists. Kokichi watched her walk down the empty rows of desks, redirecting her attention to the girl by the door with her head in her hands.

He watched with little interest as the taller girl comforted her, or at least tried. Kokichi had looked at her two minutes ago and said the make-up she wore made her look desperate. He said it with a biting laugh, he commented on how she'll be the next tryhard of the school.

Of course, her eyes welled up with tears. He thought it was funny, not because she started crying, but because her mascara started running down her cheeks.

He stood up, slinging his bag over his shoulder. The school day was over, and he had to procrastinate his walk home. No time to worry about the girl who had skin as thin as tissue paper.

Before he could leave, however, He stopped before someone who blocked the door. Kokichi looked up at his new judge. Because that's all they did, they judged him. He could hear it now, how could you do that? Why would you be so mean? You're a cruel person. You have no heart.

"Did you have to make fun of her?"

Kokichi looked up to meet their eyes. "I don't know, Shuichi, did you have to ask me that question?"

His amber eyes didn't look as disgusted as that girl had been. Instead, they appeared curious, hurt in an empathetic way, but understanding in a way Kokichi didn't like. As if he could understand. "I suppose not, but I wanted to." He tilted his head, still standing in the doorway, trapping Kokichi in this room. "Do you want to answer?"

Kokichi chuckled, whether it bloomed from his discomfort or low sense of humor, he didn't know. "I just wanted to." He smirked, "It's funny."

"Making a girl cry?"

"Yep, hilarious."

Shuichi cast his look down. Kokichi chuckled again, he knew that look. Many people wear it when they run into walls talking to him. Or when Kokichi brings it in circles until they're dizzy and can't bear it any longer. Shuichi sucked in a deep breath. "I don't believe you think that, but you don't seem to want to tell me."

He stepped aside, leaving the doorway empty. "See you next week?" Shuichi's grip on his bag was tight, his fingers curled into the material in a pensive, or defeated way. Kokichi looked from his grip to his eyes. They looked sad now.

"Maybe." He said lightly, he sounded careless and negligent. He turned and left, leaving behind any feelings that exchange made him feel. He disliked how Shuichi could drop something so easily. It's not funny. It's boring.

Kokichi gnawed on his fingers until the roots of his nails started beading up with drops of blood. He only sucked at the tips of his fingers until he arrived at his house. It's a moderately sized house, two floors, small rooms, enough space for him and his parents.