Prologue

*both 13-year-old Dreamstar and Princess Celestia run down the hallways of their castle, trying to find someone*

Dreamstar- *scared* Where's my mother? I'm really worried about her, she's been acting strangely for the past few months.

Celestia- I don't know my niece, let us check the throne room. I'm worried too, I've been so busy, I haven't been paying attention to my sister. 

*the two race to the throne room of the castle, hoping to find Princess Luna*

*As soon as they get there, they open the doors and run through, skidding to a stop. They are about to take another step but Princess Luna stops them*

Luna- *appears from behind her throne* Not... another step!

Dreamstar- Mom? *doesn't get a response*

Celestia- Sister? *doesn't get a response either*

Luna- Did you really expect me to sit idly by while they all basked in your precious light?

Celestia- What? Sister, what's wrong? 

Luna- There can be only TWO princesses in Equestria! And those princesses... will be me and my daughter!

*She slams her hoofs down on the balcony, cracking the window behind her. She then raises the moon over the sun, creating an eclipse. It casts a shadow over Luna, she starts to float in the air. A black cloud envelopes her, turning red then dark blue. She reappears, but her eyes become dragon slits, her teeth sharper and her fur is black as night. She starts laughing maniacally, her mane swirling around the room*

Dreamstar- Mother, what are you doing?

Luna- My daughter, I'm making sure our night is appreciated. Come join me, and together we can defeat Celestia and rule Equestria. 

Dreamstar- What! Mother, this isn't right. *her eyes flash, then she shakes her head* I know you're my mother but, I'm not joining you. 

Luna- Very well, guess I'll just have to make you change your mind.

Celestia- Luna, I will not fight you! You must lower the moon! It is your duty! 

???- Luna? I am... Nightmare Moon! I have but one royal duty now: to destroy you! *shots magic at Celestia*

Celestia- Dream, stay here. I'll deal with this and bring your mother back. *takes off into the sky through a hole in the ceiling*

Dream- Okay, be careful Auntie. You know how strong she is when the moon is out.

Nightmare Moon- And where do you think you're going? *spreads her bat-like wings and flies after Celestia*

*Nightmare chases after Celestia through the bridge ways shooting magic, but Nightmare catches up to Celestia and hits her in the stomach*

Celestia- *screams and falls into the hole in the ceiling and lands on the ground*

Dreamstar- Auntie! *runs over to Celestia* *sobs* Why mother, Why?

Nightmare Moon-  *laughs evilly, then speaks* Come here, my daughter *smirks and her horn lights up, casting a spell on Dreamstar*

Dreamstar- *gets levitated into the air* Mother, stop.

Nightmare Moon- *brings her closer* Now, I just need to perform one spell to transform you and turn you to my side. *starts to cast a spell*

Dreamstar- *crying, then realizes* No *breaks out of the levitation spell and flies back down to Celestia*

Celestia- *wakes up and thinks* Ugg, that hurt. *speaks* Oh, dear sister. I am so sorry, but you give me no choice but to use these. *her horn glows and there is rumbling and clacking. The floor opens and some jewels hovering on a platform rise up*

Dreamstar- *gasps* The Elements of Harmony *sighs* I know, we have to use them on my mother. I'll help you if that's ok.

Celestia- *nods* Lets go. *she flies up and grabs the Elements, they start to circle her creating a bright and rainbow*

*both fly up in front of Nightmare Moon getting ready to attack. Nightmare quickly starts a spell, while Celestia starts the Elements and Dreamstar starts her spell*

Dreamstar- *looks at Nightmare Moon with tears streaming down her face* I'm sorry, mother. *whispers* I hope you will forgive me.

Celestia- *tears stream down her face*

*Nightmare launches her spell, causing Celestia to launch her spell. Celestia then nods to Dreamstar to cast her spell. Soon, their spell overpowers Nightmare Moons and hits her*

Nightmare Moon- *screams* Nooooooo! *she gets sent to the moon, a silhouette of a mare appearing on the Moon*

*both Celestia and Dreamstar land on the ground, the Elements of Harmony had turned to stone*

Celestia- *sobbing* Sister, I'm so sorry. *looks at Dreamstar* Dream, I'm sorry we had to banish your mother.

Dreamstar- *sobs* Auntie, it's fine. I'll be fine and I'll always be with you while my mother is gone. I promise you that.

Celestia- *yells* Luna!