|TWENTY TWO|

I leaned back against the chair in my office that Antonio gave me

I leaned back against the chair in my office that Antonio gave me. A month ago on that night when I planned to go back to the street life things changed. Me and Nio became strictly business, as hard as it was I kept my distance from him knowing it was for the best. He spent most of his team either working or going to back classes and picking out things with Arin. Day in and day out when I came back to his house I'd go right to my room. We'd occasionally cross paths but we wouldn't say a lot.

It's hard going without talking to the main person in the world you want to talk to but it's for the best. The truth came out that night he was drunk and truthfully he's happy where he's at. I thought maybe things would be different that I actually had a chance but I can't compete with a baby. And I can't expect him to put me first. So for the time being I've been saving up every single amount of money I make and putting it towards buying my first house in a gated community.

I watch as his eyes move up and down me with a look of lust in his eyes. His fit muscular body, tattoos on just about every skin noticeable, his trimmed beard, plump juicy lips, tall hovering frame, freshly cut waves. I could tell just by this mans energy he's nothing like Nio. Nio is a cruel rude hood dude with a good heart. Once you get comfortable with Nio you'll see how sweet and caring he is about the people he loves. But this man? I can see the anger and rage in his eyes even with a smile he throws on his face. I can feel the anger radiating off of him. His hand is even bruised and cut up bleeding a little bit and he doesn't seem to wince at all by it.

"I'm guessing my brother has told you nothing about me." I didn't know if I should believe him. I've known Antonio damn near my whole life and I've never heard of a brother. Nor have I ever seen this man before.

"No he hasn't. What's your name again?"

"You can call me Vonte." He introduces his voice low and raspy. Similar to Antonio's but a little more dangerous tone to it. Like he sounds angry when he talks. "I find it crazy my brother ain't tell you about me. Ain't you his girl?"

I look away momentarily adjusting myself in my seat. "No I'm not his girl."

"Awl shit my bad," he chuckles licking his pink plump lips. "I must be thinking about that other girl. You know who I'm talking about?"

"Actually I do." I say moving my hair out of my face. I could tell the type of person Vonte is already. He's the kind of guy to manipulate you and play mind tricks with you. Use the information he knows about you to taunt you and joke with you. I could hear it in his voice he was trying to be funny and sarcastic.

He snaps his finger almost making me jump. "I got it now! Arin? Yep ain't that his baby momma? Yeah Arin knows all about me. Now that I think of it it's crazy how y'all was both his girls before and she knows more than you do. You would've thought he would've told you. I mean he was fuckin' you right? Who lies to somebody they fuckin'. Typical Antonio though. I expect that kind of pussy ass shit from him."