too long

the two actors hadn't been in close touch recently over the past few days because maddie had a ton of interviews and she decided to book them on her only off day she had so far. meanwhile chase hadn't had one single off day, for the ongoing days they had been filming. sure they had talked over text but something felt a little weird seeming they hadn't seen each other besides work which wasn't very often, only in passing, but then they barely see each other anyways. and they had slept at their own apartments for the last 3 days because between the two of them, one of the had always wrapped between 1-3 am.

2 am, sunday, november 8, 2020

maddie stared up at the ceiling as she couldn't fall asleep. she felt the cold spot in the bed next to her where chase would usually be whenever she couldn't fall asleep he'd hold her close and she'd drift off from his slow deep breaths. she realized this was the third day that she had not cuddled next to chase, milo at the foot of the bed, and this made her grow teary-eyed. after an hour more of debating and tossing and turning, she unplugged her phone, turned on her lamp, and slipped on her docs. she threw on a sweatshirt, unsure if it was her or chases. she then headed for the door. she reached for the doorknob and

what if he's asleep

the thought plastered in her head like a billboard on the highway. her grip on the doorknob lessened. she sat down at her island in her kitchen and put her head on the table. she was torn. she thought about it and hoped, prayed even that chase was awake, or even thinking about her. she then grew the courage, thoughts filled her head but. she refused to let the consume her. she reached for the doorknob, but this time, she wasn't stopped by her rush of thoughts. she then pulled it open and let the cold air of the apartment hallway consume her. she shivered in the cold air and stepped foot outside. she locked her door and

one step
two steps
three steps
four steps

she paused once more.

what if he just wanted to sleep. wanted nothing to do with me

she paused dead in her tracks. she leaned up against the wall and took deep breaths and realized, he would want her over anytime, welcomed or not. she then got back up and walked, this time with ore courage. a few steps further and there she was, right in front of his door. she then slowly tried to open the door. she unlocked it and slowly opened the door. the lights were on? at 3 am? what could he possibly be doing? she then opened the door a little more to find none other than the brown haired boy, shoes on, fully clothes with his keys in hand, reaching for the door.

"m-mads" he said stumbling over his words.

she ignored him and wrapped her arms around his neck, embracing him in her warm signature hugs.

she felt his un-even breaths and she quickly pushed away to figure out what's wrong.

"what's wrong bubs" she said furrowing her eyebrows.

"idk i just i r- idk i really missed you and i- i really just" she put her finger to his lips. she hated seeing him not being able to even get a sentence out between his breaths.

she brought him in again and kissed his cheek.

"i know u might not feel the same but i really just missed you these past days somethings off and i really wanna sort it out ill do anything ill sleep on the couch ple- please just stay" he said into her hair which had end up being muffled by her blonde locks.

"i wouldn't be here right now chasey if i didnt feel the same. i love you" she pecked his lips. and his grip slowly lessened on her.

"cmon lets go we have to get up early tomorrow." maddie said.

"dont we have a later day tomorrow?" chase said checking his phone, "yeah look we dont have to be in til 1:00" chase said showing maddie their schedule.

maddie formed a soft smile and whispered "more time for us"

and with those words he melted at her touch, moments like these he realized how in love he really was with this girl.

"cmonnn its really late, plus we have a lotta cuddling to make up for" maddie said grabbing his hand and headed to the door to his bedroom.
he smiled and followed her. once they got settled, they looked outside at the lights of charleston and were comforted by the warmth and breaths of each other.

"do you even know how long we've been with out each other" maddie said against his chest.

chase replied with a low grumble, the one that gave maddie butterflies and shivers. "idk but what i do know was it was too long" chase said with a smile.

———————

hi everyone this ones a little shorter and i low key hate this but i kinda think it's cute and don't mind me being extra dramatic i made this on the verge of falling asleep at like 11:00pm in like 30 minutes HAHA anyways i hadn't updated in a hot sec so plz gimme ideas ill gladly write them -paige :))