The Meeting

Now ever since I can remember, I've been poppin' my collar, poppin' poppin' my collar, poppin'  poppin' my collar. Ever since I can remember I been working these hoes so they better put my money in my hand.

Tayler groaned and shifted in her plush bed. Although her job at the PR firm calls that she must be woken up early in the morning, she hated to get up early.

Especially on her days off.

The rap lyrics to Three Six Mafia could be heard in her bedroom as it vibrated the walls of her condo. She quickly recognized the song from her days of living in her old neighborhood. She laid there thinking about the big colorful dunks that the local men would ride around in on saturdays, showing off their sound system. The various block parties, playing in the water of the broken fire hydrants. Although she was young when she left, she remembered.

Shaking her head to get the thoughts out of her mind. She groaned getting out of bed. She went over to the bathroom and washed her face and brushed her teeth. She snatched the bonnet off her head and threw her messy bed hair into a high bun.

Although she was mad, she was taught to always look her best no matter where she went. She threw on some fuzzy slippers and darted out the door towards the sound of the loud music.

It was directly next door to her. She sat there puzzled as she could've sworn the condo was vacant. She looked at the door that was slightly ajar and held opened with a sealed box labeled kitchen.

Must be new neighbors, great. She thought

She looked around waiting for someone to appear and even looked into the apartment but she didn't see anyone. Being impatient and wanting to get some sleep, she barged into the place.

Immediately upon entering the walkway, she walked into what she presumed was the living room and saw a man standing there setting down a box.

"Hello, excuse me" she said over the music.

But to no avail as the guy started to open the box and bob his head to the rap song.

After a few more attempts she grew frustrated.

"Hey!" She said rather loudly. She couldn't believe she had did that herself.

The guy quickly stood up and looked over at her.

She couldn't believe her eyes as she seen the most gorgeous man she ever laid eyes on. He wasn't the usual type of guy that was handsome. No, this one was different.

He was beautiful.

His face had been sculpted to the tee. His big dark doe eyes were complimented by his curly lashes. His plump pink lips looked good enough to suck as she watched as he spoke to her but she wasn't listening. Now he wasn't her usual type of guy she met nor was he what she thought she would like. He was slim and lean, with a toned chest and stomach that she could see through the sweat saturated wifebeater.

He waved in front of her to get her attention

His hands. They were big and strong as she admired them. God, she could imagine what type of trouble those hands often got him into as she fantasized about them exploring parts of her body.

"Lady are you ok? Are you deaf or something" he tried to sign.

She blinked several times, realizing what had happened.

She was engrossed in her own thoughts and heard nothing he said.

She must've looked like an idiot.

"No, no, no. I'm so sorry, I got sidetracked"

He smirked, knowing exactly what had her distracted. He was used to women staring at him, coming onto him, and constantly approaching him. He wasn't full of himself or had an ego but he knew exactly how women perceived him. Sometimes he hated it, sometimes he was flattered, and other times it amused him.