Slim

"Yo Mike"

Michael's whole entire mood had changed just by seeing that same sinister smile. Keith could sense that his friend was tense, which made him straighten up his stance. Keith was the true definition of a real friend and he wouldn't hesitate to have his friend's back.

"What's up Slim" Michael called out to the man walking up to them.

Slim's muscular built frame came closer into Michael's view. His pecan colored skin was covered in tattoos like graffiti, except for his face. His piercing brown eyes stared straight into Michael's eyes. Those the same eyes he would never forget as he was thrown in the back of the police car years ago.

It was 13 years ago when Michael was just 16. Slim, John, Carter, and Michael was in the car but unbeknownst to Michael, his former best friend Slim had a firearm in the car and at least 5 pounds of cocaine and marijuana. Slim had convinced him to take the fall for drugs that were discovered in Slim's car. Michael was the youngest and the one without a record so it made sense to frame him because he wouldn't get that much time. But they tried to pin the gun on him as well, which came with another charge of murder because the bullets in the gun matched the bullets that were found at a crime scene earlier that week.

Michael ended up spending almost 10 years of his life behind bars for Slim. But he is thankful that his prints weren't found on the gun and nobody could place him at the scene of the crime.

Spending so much time behind bars, he had promised himself and to his mother Katherine to make a change so he never has to end up back there again. While in prison, he earned his GED, learned a trade while in there, and even earned a degree in business management. He read many books and truly educated himself. Once he was out, he managed to work at one of his father's many auto body shops. Michael in a short time proved himself to his father that he was trustworthy and hardworking. Thus, his father made him the owner of this shop and the few others he had spread throughout the city.

One would look at Michael and would never tell what he has gone through, but Slim knew about all the issues he had caused and he could care less. In his eyes Michael owed him.

"Damn boy, I ain't seen yo ass in years. How you been?" Slim smiled.

Michael cut his eyes at Slim, looking him up and down. He knew he wanted something, it had been years since he had seen him. He knew news in the neighborhood spread fast so Slim knew about Michael's release but he chose now to link with him.

Why? Is all Michael thought.

"I've been good man, blessed. I can't complain" Mike commented.

"I can tell" Slim looked around the massive lot. "I heard your ol' boy gave you ownership, congrats bruh"

"He gave me nothing, I worked" Michael spit.

Mike and Slim seemed to be eyeing each other up and down. There was so much tension and unresolved shit but the two spoke no words. Michael was waiting on Slim's next move, he was ready to face him. He spent years thinking about what he would say to Slim and now was his moment.

The two had been staring at each other so hard, they completely forgot Keith was standing there. Keith stood right by Michael's side, giving this Slim character a look of disapproval.

"Look man, cut the shit. I know you want something just tell me what you came here for?" Michael crossed his arms.

Slim chuckled, rubbing his hands together. "Damn Mike, I thought we was homies. Can't a nigga just check on his boy?" Slim grinned.

"A homie can, but you? Nahh. I been out here for the longest and you just now coming round here. Whatchu want Slim?"

Slim put his hands up in defense. "Ight man, I need to talk with chu in private" Slim looked at Keith.