|CHAPTER 5|

"You didn't give your identity." Lord Mormont stated at the early hour of Christopher Lannister and Benjen Stark's departure. It's true that Christopher only mentioned his departure with Benjen Stark, giving no further details to anyone. Everybody is thinking he would come back, not knowing that he doesn't have any plan of visiting in the future. And that's why he is the only one who is awake to give his final goodbye.

"Northerners are very straight forward. There is a possibility that they will consider my friendship as a deceitful act." Christopher said solemnly. He wants to say them but he had to refrain himself multiple times knowing their personality, "It will be good if they remember me as 'Brother Chris' rather than the Queen's brother, Christopher Lannister."

"As you see fit." Lord Mormont said understanding from where he comes from. "You know if you were a Northerner, I would've given you my family sword," he added showing the sword tied in his hip.

"Longclaw, a Valyrian steel sword, it has been with House Mormont for five centuries." Christopher expressed his knowledge, seeing the bear engraved in the hilt of the sword. Upon seeing the shocked expression of Lord Mormont, he added, "I love to collect information regarding swords especially of Valyrian swords since my family doesn't possess one for many centuries. My uncle, who went in the quest of bringing the sword, hasn't returned till this day. And thank you, Lord Mormont, for thinking me capable of possessing it. But it will be good if the sword of the North remains in the North as you said I am not a Northerner."

"You're having a plan of bringing that sword back. Am I right? Or am I right?" Although he knows next to nothing about Christopher, he knows how adventurous he is. His presence in the Wall is a proof of that.

"Aha, now how can I praise myself? You know how shy I am." He said mischievously with sly grin at the corner of his lips confirming his theory.

Shaking his head at the Mischievous Lion, he pulled him in a hug giving a pat at the back causing the Lion to chuckle understanding his unsaid words. No exchange of goodbye took place, because Lord Mormont doesn't want it to be one. He started liking the Lannister boy and he can say all of the people in the Wall have also started doing so.

And like that a Lion and a Wolf set off.

|°•°•°•°•°|

"That Lannister boy is good."

"I hope he remains like this when the curtain is removed and the truth unveils. Hatred, Anger, Agony, Lies --- all these doesn't cloud the innocent heart of that boy. Hopefully, he is able to distinguish between right and wrong at that time. Otherwise it will destroy the said boy completely." 

|°•°•°•°•°|

"What's Winterfell like?" Christopher mused while riding beside Benjen Stark with his four Barbary lion cubs. Thinking of Winterfell, his home, a smile made its way in his lips but before the Wolf could reply, Christopher added with a teasing smile, "Most probably cold since it has winter in its name. What will happen to this poor little summer boy in your cold dark wall of Winterfell?"

"You survived the cold of the Wall, I am sure you won't die due to the cold air of Winterfell." Benjen replied bluntly with a tight smile in his face, completely displeased with the fun making of his home's name. But he can't shake off the memory when he said the same thing to his father regarding the origin of Winterfell.

'What a hypocrite I am!' He mentally criticized himself.

"Uncle Ben, don't be so mean. My poor heart can't tolerate it." Christopher said, puckering his lips out like a wounded puppy causing him to roll his eyes at his antics, "And I am sure you once said the same thing, didn't you?" He asked with a sly smirk with a knowing tone.