Late Night Ness Mess

Disclaimer:
So I was going through some Old Notes saved to my phone, and found this. This story was written as a dare at 5 am maybe a year or two ago. Definitely before Ultimate was a thing. Its Not proofread so expect edits, but yeah enjoy

After yet another battle. Walking back into his shared dorm, Ness Sat on his bed, seemingly lost in his train of thought. A losing streak, and a terrible one at that, it didnt help that it was a late night battle and he was put against mewtwo of all people.

Mewtwo wasnt exactly fond of opponents who were holding back, whether by their own will or not.

Now here he was. Sitting on his bed, after losing his 5th match in a row, his tier placement would be taking a drop for sure. He turned to see his room mate, Lucas, sleeping peacefully, "...Lucky duck...." he managed to whisper out, Lucas may not have been doing too well victory wise overall. But he didnt have to fight Mewtwo. Or stay up at night.. just to Fight (and lose to) Mewtwo..

Ness lay on his bed, trying to fall asleep, But the sleep God decided it didn't wanna Grant Ness permission to enter dream land. So he stayed awake, Not exactly purposefully, and certainly not beneficial. That much was Obvious to Ness

"Unngghh... whyy" he questioned. Life really didnt wanna let him go easy huh. And life was also a troll, as he heard the sound of his stomach rumbling. It wasnt too loud but it startled him and, in an effort to not wake up the sleeping Lucas, he tried to shut it up

That. Proved futile.

"Agh. Fricking fine! I'll go get something to eat" he whisper shouted at his stomach, Not too loud because Sleeping blonde nearby. He sneakily got up and tip toed his way out of the door

The halls of the smash mansion were huge....scratch that, huge was an understatement. And in the eyes of a child, it looked like one hall could be a track and field court on it's own.

Little Mac and Falcon seem to enjoy that fact.

Ness continued being sneaky because he didnt exactly plan on getting caught by Princess Peach, or any adult who would most likely scold him for being awake at...

What was the time again

Frick, Trying to think, and Eventually just guessing, he'd say maybe around 1 AM... Master hand really needs to re-think having battles that late at night. Especially for certain children who enjoy their sleep.

Nearly making it to his destination, that being the kitchen, Sounds of laughter reached his ear. Ness took a quick peek around the corner, Maybe it was the TV?

Seeing a giant flash of red proved otherwise and ness quickly recoiled back to hiding behind the wall..

Why is he now just realizing how flawed this plan was

He took another peak....whoever it was, is clearly distracted by.. something. Maybe now he should try and sneak by

And that's exactly what he tried to do.

tiptoe-ing into the kitchen and staying by the wall, Ness could now make out the figure seated where he had looked. It was none one other than the obese penguin himself. King triple D. Watching the TV rather loudly despite the time. Loud enough for the king to hear it, being inside the kitchen.

Right when Ness believed he could achieve his goal and make it out free. He was then remembered how much life sucks, when of all things

He stubbed his toe.

Biting his lip trying not to let out a shriek of pain, he recoiled again hearing the king lower the volume on the TV.

"Huh. Whazzat" Ness could recognize the voice clearly. "Ay whoever there. Keep ya racket down" thank god Dedede was as laid back as he was.