| Searching for the killer |

N's POV

I made it back to Meadowood Apartments; it's still pouring hard, rain all over my body, and I hope none of my items in the bags are soaked.

I'm not going to enter through the front because the apartment owner always bothers me with questions. So I head to the side of the building; that's where I can quickly get through my room. The window is always open, and it gives me the perfect opportunity to get in unnoticed.

"Fuck..." I said under my breath, noticing police officers barricading the sides of the building.

I sigh at the thought of entering through the front and seeing the owner, but I have no other choice. So I walk back to the front and open the door.

The lights are always bright, which doesn't feel good on my body. Too much light can leave scars on vampire skin. Vampires who have sensitive skin can leave them with burns, make them blind, or possibly die. Usually, my skin is healthy, but after all the pain I went through, it is weak at the moment.

"Ehi, scusami?" The owner is trying to get my attention.

I forgot how annoying the owner is. He always asks too many questions and bothers me whenever he lays eyes on me. Also, he is Italian, but he is not young and good looking that all the women fantasize about. He is in his sixties and has a potbelly. He is not a part of any mob, as far as I know. I love and appreciate Italians and their culture, but this owner drives me insane.

"Hold up, mister, where have you been? It feels like forever since I saw your face. I've been knocking on your door to see if you were okay, and no response. I even had to call the police; that's why they are surrounded all over the building. But I'm glad that you here because I got a lot of questions to ask you." He tells me.

"I don't have time to communicate or answer questions. I got work to accomplish and then fall to sleep." I respond, letting him know I'm not interested.

I continue to walk and head to my room so that I can ignore and escape his presence. He follows me, which makes me roll my eyes.

"Where are you going? I want to know why you haven't been in your room? Do you know that you are late paying your rent? Also, why do you always wear dark clothes anytime I see you? Are you some type of Satan worshipper?" He asks numerous foolish questions, but I ignored all of them.

Thank goodness I arrived in my room. All I need to do now is get in, and I'm safe from the annoying owner.

"Before you enter your room, can you explain to me why you've been ignoring me? What did I do wrong that made you not want to stay in your room?" He asks.

I don't want to say anything to him as I just want a peaceful night, but I have to set him straight because I had enough of being annoyed for one night.

"I don't hate you; I just find you annoying. You bug me with stupid and unnecessary questions. You only do this to me and not anyone else. What makes me so important that you want to give me a migraine? You know what? I don't want to know. This is the last time I ever want to talk to you and stay in this apartment. I found a new home with beings that don't annoy me constantly and don't send the police. Here... take my money. This is all I have left. Now leave me!" I lashed out, throwing all the money I have at him and slamming the door in his face.

I am hearing his footsteps walking away from my door. He is frustratingly speaking Italian under his breath.

I'm free at last from all the rubbish I've been through today. Fighting Dadi, getting the owner to leave me alone, and I'm soaking wet from the rain. I feel bad for snapping at the owner, but I'm not in the best state of mind. Also, I don't have time for annoyance.