Chapter 9-Cafuné

Slightly mature content warning

I feel stupid from not realizing it before. Exhaustion soon hits me harder than earlier and I decide to go to sleep. My new discovery can wait until the morning.

The next two days go by in a blur. I find myself sitting in the dining hall for dinner on Friday night. Tonight is the night that the names are drawn for the Triwizard tournament. I fidget in my seat, dreading the inevitable drawing of Cedric's name. 

"Attention students!" Dumbledore roars. "Let the drawings begin." The Goblet of Fire shot up and placed a piece of paper into his hands. "From Beauxbatons, Fleur Delacour." An eruption of applause echos throughout the room. Fleur walks up to the front and shakes Dumbledores' hand. The Goblet of Fire again shoots up and places a paper into his hand. "From Durmstang, Viktor Krum." An even louder applause responds to Krum's name being called. Just like Fleur, he shakes Dumbledores' hand and steps off to the side. The last name comes out of the goblet and lands in Dumbledores' hand. "Out final Triwizard contestant is, Cedric Diggory." The loudest cheers and claps celebrate Cedric's name. Dumbledore is congratulating the contestants when the goblet sends another name into the air. Dumbledore grabs it and reads the name "Harry Potter." Everyone goes silent as he makes his was up to the front. Everyone is confused, but the expression on Harry's face shows that he is the most dumbfounded.

Everyone is extremely confused, but no one has an explanation. The next few weeks go by pretty uneventfully. Ron refuses to talk to Harry because he thinks Harry put his own name into the goblet. Hermione gets in the middle of the situation, but I choose to stay out of it. I spend nearly all of my time with Cedric or Draco. 

Before we know it, November 24th rolls around-the day of the first task. I wake up extra early and get dressed in black ripped jeans and a white sweater. I decide to stay with Harry this morning and Hermione has the same idea. The three of us make our way down to the arena. Harry had gotten insight that the first task has to do with a dragon. I freak out at the though of the contestants having to battle a dragon.

When we make it to the tent, I see Cedric. I run up and give him a hug. Soon after, Hermione and I are kicked out. We leave to find Ron in the stands. Fleur, Krum and even Cedric complete the task surprisingly fast. However, when it came to Harry's turn, he has a bit more trouble defeating the dragon. 

All four contestants did in fact succeed, so the Hufflepuffs decided to throw a party in celebration. This one was just as crazy as the Durmstrang boat party, but Pomona Sprout-the head of Hufflepuff chose to have a blind eye to it. 

I did not leave Cedric's side the whole night. Percy hushed everyone and yelled, "cheers! To the Triwizard contestants for not dying today. Specifically you Cedric," he drunkenly pointed in our direction. "Just like a brother to me, I could not be more proud. So here goes to the amazing Cedric, lovely Fleur, downright frightening Viktor and baby Harry!" Everyone explodes into cheers.

Cedric whispers in my ear, "can I take you somewhere?" I nod and follow him. He takes me up to his dorm room. I had been here a few times before to study and just hangout.

"Millie, I have something to ask you. I have been wanting to do this for a while now, but will you officially be my girlfriend?" he asks.

I jump up and down and yell, "yes yes yes! I would love to." I laugh and add, "it took you long enough."

He laughs and pushes me onto the bed. Laying on top of me, he starts kissing me. His hands wander across my torso and down to my hips while I run my fingers through his hair. He slowly moves down and kisses my neck. I tug at his shirt which he willingly removes. His hands go to unbutton my jeans. He lifts my sweater up and off of me; revealing my red lace bra. He looks down at me and then up at my eyes again, "you are beautiful Amelia." I giggle and slowly kick off my jeans so that I am just in my black underwear and bra. His hands softly brush against my stomach giving my goose bumps. He takes his pants off and lays back on me; kissing my lips.