Chapter One

Y/N's P.O.V

Today is June 20th, 2020. This day or more like this year has been pretty hectic, to say the least. This whole pandemic has had everyone on edge and we have to wear masks. Fun right? Well, today tops it off. We have been having tremors all day, like earthquake tremors. It was fun. I work at a gas station and our store shakes violently and everything falls and we have to pick everything up. It irked me so much. Fortunately, I am out of here. It's nine o'clock and I get to go home. I'm only seventeen and I have to drive home in pitch black. I hated it. I know I seem bitchy right now but I have every right to be. It's been a hell of a day. With what I said before and the people of New York that come in and out of here, the attitude. Ugh.

"Bye guys and gals!" I hollered to my co-workers.

"Bye Y/N!" They hollered back.

I walked out the door and made my way to my car, it was cold out tonight. It was summer but we've been having some climate issues. Plus, it's New York. I got in my car and turned on the heat as soon as it was started. I pulled out of the parking spot and began driving home. I lived in the outskirts of New York, it was peaceful. My family wasn't though. I have issues with my parents. My mom's rude and cruel and sleeps around everywhere with any man that suits her. I don't know my father, he left my mother when she was pregnant with me and I have never met him. My mother blames it on me all the time.

I'm driving down the road when my car makes a weird noise and I start losing speed. Great. I pull over as my engine starts smoking. This night just keeps getting better, I am in the middle of nowhere at night. I pop my hood and get out to check it. I take off my work shirt and leave my shirt on underneath. I check the engine and it's busted. Lovely. I close the hood and get back in my car and pull out my phone and try to call roadside assistance. No service. I hate this. I spot a glare out of my left eye and turn to look. There's a light shining off in the distance. I think for a moment, and I grab my backpack and go to check it out.

As I walk through the forest, I get a bit scared. Why was I doing this again? Oh right, to find help. I kept walking till I found a building, it looked old. It was getting colder and I heard a storm start approaching as well as the ground shaking. I quickly ran into the building. As soon as I entered, the ground stopped shaking. I walked around and found myself in a big empty room with a pedestal in the middle of the room. A book sat open, ready for whoever to read in. I cautiously approached it and looked around. I was expecting a trap to engage like in a movie and be stuck there but; nothing happened. I made it to the pedestal and flipped a few pages.

Once I flipped a few pages, there was a flash of light and the world started shaking again. This time, more violently. I grabbed the book out of panic and ran. I made it through the door and found myself in another part of the building, or so I thought. I quickly placed the book in my backpack and looked around. I heard things start moving and screeching. The doors burst open and two glowing things rush towards me. I dived under a table and hid. I heard voices.

"They went in here! Quick!" One shouted.

Four men entered the room and I stayed quiet and in my spot. I didn't know who these men were and what their intentions were. Three were white and one was black. One had glasses. The other three didn't. I didn't have much time to look any closer before objects started flying across the room. I covered my head and started hyperventilating. I looked up and saw them shoot lights from these sticks they had attached to their backpacks. I felt something on my ankle and looked down to see a glowing hand on me. It yanked me from under the table and I went flying.

"Contact!" One of them shouted.

I screamed and was dragged across the room. One of the men shot something at the thing that was dragging me and it released me. Then they ran over to me. I scooted back into the corner and pulled my knees to my chest. The things flew around the room screeching and I covered my ears. The ground started shaking again and the men shot more lights at them. One of the creatures knocked something over and it started a fire.