Chapter 8

Sorry for not updating, I forgot that I had no chapters left in queue so it took a while to put together another one. Anyways, enjoy!

—•—

"Fix up your posture, Caleb, we are meeting with Royalty!"

I straightened my back promptly at the order giving a half whine. "You make it sound like we are going to war, Anastasia,"

"Hush now, you never know what goes on at tea parties of Royalty!" I rolled my eyes and followed her silently as she began small talk with Edgar.

I sure hope that she would behave in front of Tybalt...

.

.

.

Part 2

I take back what I said. The moment he laid his eyes on me I was subjected to scathing glares all throughout the tea party. I mean- I could see why... the table was initially set for two, a rather small round one and the sweets were especially picked from a well known sweet shop that the majority of the female population spoke highly of. It seemed that the sweets would always be sold out within the first three to four hours, making it near impossible to attain even a crumb if you weren't waiting for it at the crack of dawn.

What a way to boast of your status... I almost feel sorry for whoever Tybalt chose to stand out there in the cold daybreak.

Furthermore, the conversations these two had would probably be a higher chance of me ceasing, partially with how cringey they were in blatant rejection.

"How do you find the tea blend, Anastasia? It was specially imported from the neighbouring Country by a friend of mine," He would start a conversation.

However my sister would blatantly ignore it and turn towards me. "Caleb, you will have crumbs stuck on your face if you eat too fast,"

I didn't even dare touch a biscuit, lest I was given a scathing glare.

And so, on went the tea party with me begging the Prince to end his failure of wooing my sister, in my feeble attempt to use telepathy. It just didn't work.

What was the point of this tea party again?

Oh yes, to woo Anastasia.

I let my eyes wander around the garden, admiring the flowers when a familiar carton of milk was brought into my view. Curious, I turned my attention only to become ecstatic!

It was indeed my favourite carton of milk from the cafeteria!

I looked up to see Edgar with a small smile. "For the other time,"

Oh, right, he did owe me.

I grinned in return. "Thank you, Edgar!"

No, seriously, thanks for saving my starving stomach.

"With pleasure,"

Our interaction had gained the other two's attention. Anastasia being the first to break the ice. "I didn't realize that you were close to Sir Edgar, Caleb,"

I, being the younger brother, decided to indulge her. "Yup! He's my friend!"

"Friend?" Tybalt murmured as he sent a look towards Edgar.

Tough decisions, tough decisions, should I indulge him? The poor joke of a Prince Consort, that is?

I felt a grin lighting up my lips, as if it were Christmas Day. "Yup! He takes care of me really well, I wouldn't put it past him to have a couple of younger siblings! I mean, if I had an older brother, Edgar would definitely fit the job description!"