chapter eleven

High Tensions

Grace's POV: 

"Holy Hannah" I groaned, realizing that I had fallen asleep at Spencer's house for the night, and the sun was already up. 

"Morning to you too." I could hear Spencer in the other room. 

Was someone else here? 

I rolled over, reaching for my phone that sat on the coffee table. Two missed calls from JJ, a few texts from Emmy and a missed FaceTime call from Derek. 

My head pounded, probably from the drinks I had last night and the little sleep I was running off of since I don't sleep well on couches. 

Pulling my feet to the floor, I sat on the couch normally as I still attempted to adjust to the light shining through the windows slightly. The dusty curtains were pulled shut, so I walked over and opened them, allowing the light to shine through. 

"Spencer! Stop!" I could hear a woman's voice giggle down the hall. 

Holy Hannah was that-

"Morning Grace." Spencer walked down the hall shirtless, into the kitchen. 

I assumed I was just going crazy, imaging that other voice until Heather walked down the hall a few moments later, shooting me a dirty look. 

"Good morning Heather." I spoke up, being the bigger person. 

No reply.

"Okay then." I muttered, walking behind Spencer, softly brushing against him as I walked by. 

"Do you think we'll get called in today?" he asked, pouring a glass of coffee. 

"I hope not," Heather butted in. "I was hoping to spend the day with Spencie." she slid her hand around his back, pulling him closer to her. Damn he looked uncomfortable. 

My eyes rolled, as I spun around on my heels walking out of the kitchen. I felt like I was interrupting something. 

I made my way back into the living room, folding up the blankets that Spencer had covered me with and packed up my purse, grabbing my keys. 

"Bye Spence. I'm gonna head home." I poked my head in the kitchen, only to find him making out with Heather once again. 

Puke fest. 

I turned, walking out the door and down to my car. Slamming the door shut to my four dour Honda Civic felt so peaceful for some reason. 

I just wanted to sit there and scream, let it all out. So, I did. 

Turning on All I Wanted by Paramore, the screaming came out. 

"All I wanted was you!" I screamed, singing along and alone. 

It felt so good to just get it out, because the song was right. All I wanted was Spencer at this moment. 

Once I finally finished my screaming, I made my way back home, to an empty apartment. A cold one at the least. 

Walking in, I went and got ready for the day, dressing for work because I knew eventually we would be called in at some point. After finally getting ready, I sat down to call Morgan and Garcia back. But first, Garcia. 

"Penelope Garcia speaking how may I help you?"

"Wow, no special greeting? I'm sad now." I frowned. 

"Well, I called you earlier and you didn't answer, where were you?" 

"I had spent the night at Spencer's, but Heather was there when I woke up."