Chapter 5

We were working on our transfiguration work when there was a giant "Boom" from professor McGonagalls desk, silencing the class. Suddenly a note popped out from thin air and the note spoke out:

"We didn't have time to do our homework so we decided this was the most logical solution.(Just don't tell Remus.)"
-Your favorite students

The letter then lit on fire and disintegrated.

The class was silent until professor McGonagall spoke up. "I expect everyone to have a finished copy of yesterday's homework as well as today's homework on my desk by the end of yule break." She said in a sturn voice, earning growns in reply. "You, as well as everyone's who homework was destroyed may thank the marauders as they call themselves."

Luckily that was my last class of the day and I was able to head back to the common room, although I got stopped by Siri and his friends first.

"Did you see our prank?" James said with an annoying grin. "Ahh, yes I did," I rolled my eyes. " just so you know, we're all expected to have a redone copy of our homework -that you destroyed- on her desk by the end of yule." "Shi-" Sirius started, only to gain a slap on the arm by Remus.

Remus rolled his eyes. "I told you three not to do it." The three marauders began to protest.

"Anyways, I'm heading back to the common room." I said, awkwardly leaving. "See you tomorrow baby Black!" Called James." I pretended to not hear him and kept walking.

"Pure-Blood," I said to the portrait, before it swung open.

As I walked in, I was Lily and Severus sitting on the couch, talking.
"Hey Regulus," Evans said, waving me over. I took a seat on the empty chair across from them.

"I heard about what your brother and his friends did," said Lily. "they couldn't of just done their homework like everyone else?"

"They really just don't think," I said, quietly. Lily hummed in agreement. "So, you're still going to James' for yule, correct?" Lily asked. "Uh, yeah." I said, awkwardly. "What about you Severus?"
"I'm staying here." He replied in a whisper.
"Lily?" "I'm going home, my parents want to hear all about my year so far, they're still trying to get their head rapped around the whole 'magic' thing." Lily explained.

The three of us talked 'til dinner.
______________

The next day was filled with packing and saying goodbye to friends, even though we would be seeing them in a week... I didn't really understand that.

I dragged my suitcase out of the common room, bidding Severus goodbye on the way.

"Reggie!" Called Sirius, waving me over to their carriage, where James seemed to be holding Lily against her will.

"Hey Lils," I said, ignoring the others. "I think your Gryffindor friends were looking for you." I told her, with an amused expression writtenon my face.

"See," Lily said to James. "Now if you don't mind, I should find Marlene and Dorcas." Lily said, hopping out of the parked carrige.

"So baby Black-" James asked, as the carriage started moving.
"Shut it Potter!" I said, frustrated.
"Aww, what's wrong?"
"Take a guess?"
"You're sad that you'll never be as good of a prankster as me?" James joked.

"It's a wonder you have friends." I told the cocky boy.
"I think your just jealous."
"Of what?" "That I'm-"

"I will jump out of the moving carriage!"
"Both of you quit it." Remus said, looking up from his book.
James huffs.

"Why so Sirius?" James joked, directing it at Sirius. "Huh?" Sirius asked, not having paying attention. "You've been zoned out this entire time, starring at Mooney that you didn't even react when I made a Sirius Joke!" James explained to Sirius.

"Oh, uh, I was just- thinking." Sirius said in a rush. "About... a certain," James paused, although I could see him mouthing something to Sirius but I only caught the ending of it "wolf."

I know he was talking about Remus, although I don't understand why he had to mouth 'something' 'wolf.'

Soon enough, we had reached the train. The 'Marauders' lead me to the back of the train to the compartment that they've claimed, which apparently was the compartment they met in, although I really didn't care, they seemed proud to tell their story.

James, Sirius, Peter and Remus who would every one and a while throw in his suggestions, were huddling in their seats discussing new pranks to do over the holidays.

As I was dosing off, they kept asking me questions and for my input which I would answer randomly, not having a clue to what they were talking about, although knowing them, it's dangerous to agree to something you don't know the context to.

Eventually, after a nap I had gotten into a semi interesting conversation with them and we laughed for the rest of the way to kingscross.

Pulling up to the station, the train pulled to a stop. We waited for the large crowd to leave the train, before following the crowed of students.

Descending the train, we all said our goodbyes to Remus and Peter, (James and Sirius more) before they both walked in different directions, to their family's.

James directed me, and Sirius (who already knew what they looked like) to where his parents were waving us over, large smiles on their faces.

They pulled James into a large hug, before also pulling Sirius into a hug. I stood there awkwardly before James' mom spoke. "You must be the famous Regulus that we've heard so much about," Before pulling me into a warming hug.

For the first time in a while, I felt comforted and safe. 'Why does the cocky one get the good family.' I thought to myself.