Chapter 6 - Public

Bryce's Pov

I opened my eyes from my slumber, seeing Lilliana's face on my house and her hands wrapped around my waist. My smile fell, hearing my phone ring. I picked it up, not wanting to wake Lilli up.

I slid my thumb across the screen, noticing Alex's name flash across the screen. I was confused. We aren't very close. Maybe he needs something.

On-Call

Hey, Bryce.

Hey Alex What's
Up is everything
Alright

Yeah, everything is
alright. I wanted
to ask if it was ok to
show the clips of you
Lilliana is on the vlog.
I always post today.

Yeah, Sure.
Seems Alright

Cool, Thanks
Man. Talk to
You Later

Call Ended

It should be okay. All I needed was to calm Lilliana's nerves about being public. We have been dating for six months. I think it's time to tell my fans.

I debated whether I should have told Alex to post the video or not. I always wanted to share it with my fans, but it was not the right time. I hoped it was now.

My thoughts were interrupted by seeing Lilliana move her head back and forth. She was whimpering in her sleep.

I heard her continually saying Bryce no. I knew what was happening. She was having another one of her nightmares.

She told the boys and me about them when she first moved in. We did everything we could to help her. The nightmares started when she was fourteen. Her father passed away. He was a fireman.

He passed away, saving a bunch of people in a burning building. She went to therapy about the nightmares. She was getting them every night.

The sessions only fixed it partly instead of having it every night, she had them once in a while.

The dreams started with her dad. Nowadays, it could be her dad, other days it could be her mom. It's even been some of the sway boys before sometimes it's even me.

Lilly usually gets them randomly or when she's stressed. It's always about someone she loves dying and her watching, being unable to save them. She watches them die right in front of her eyes.

I didn't want to go public. Lilliana did not deserve hate. I know she would date me. It would stress her out, which was the last thing I wanted for her.

The nightmares were also the reason she acted shy around new people. She didn't want to get close to people only to dream about them dying. She didn't want to give them her baggage.

I quickly put my arms around her, shaking her gently. I was trying to wake her up. "Lilliana, wake up, Princess," I said.

I saw her eyes shoot open, tears in them. The second she saw me, she launched onto me. She hugged me.

She was breathing fast, saying things. "You were dead. There was fire everywhere. I tried to save you, but the fireman told me I couldn't go in. You were dead. I love you so much. I just wish you weren't dead," she let out.

I could tell she was hyperventilating. I rubbed her shoulder and kept on saying reassuring words. "It's okay, Princess, everything is going to be fine. I'm alive. I love you. Nothing bad is going to happen," I said.