04 | Meeting Once Again

"Thank you so much for coming on the show, Alana. It's always a pleasure to have you."

The host smiled warmly as the two of them stood up from their seats. The bright lights dimmed and the producer yelled out a loud 'cut' letting everyone know that the show was now over.

"Of course. It's always an honor to be here," smiled Alana, waving to the cheering audience who now stood on their feet. "I always have so much fun talking to you."

"You're too sweet. I'll let you go— I'm sure you're very busy," the host leans over to hug Alana which the star gladly reciprocated.

Alana bid the host goodbye as she walked off the stage with a sigh of relief.

Being on talk shows always made her slightly nervous. Sometimes, she just couldn't control what she said, especially with a live audience, and she was just glad the recording had gone well today. She much preferred singing in front of a stadium full of people than answering questions on daytime television.

Alana was immediately swarmed by her team as they helped her off the stage and remove the microphone that was clipped onto her outfit.

"As usual, you did amazing, girlie," beamed Tyler, brushing her hair off her shoulder. "When you walked out," he whistled. "I could hear the audience cheering in your dressing room."

Alana grinned. "I just hope I didn't accidentally say anything wrong."

"You were perfect," Julia reassured. "That story about how your arm is too short to reach the toll booth and you have to actually step out of the car was hilarious."

"It's not my fault my arms are short," pouted Alana. "I blame my parents' genes."

"You did amazing, Lani," Daniel handed her phone and purse to her. "By the way, your mom called a of couple times— she probably forgot you had a shoot," He held up the microphone. "I'm going to hand this to the producer real quick."

Alana nodded as Daniel quickly scampered away. Looking down at her phone, she did indeed see the missed calls and immediately called her mother back.

It rang a couple of times before her mom picked up.

"Hi sweetie," Her mother's sweet voice filled her ears.

"Hey, mom, I'm so sorry— I just finished the interview," blurted Alana, feeling bad for always being late.

"Don't apologize, hon," Amanda quickly dismissed her daughter's sudden apology. "I completely forgot you had an interview scheduled and was just getting worried when you didn't show up. I do kind of remember you telling me that you were going to a bit late."

Alana chuckled, following Matt out to the parking lot. The feeling of the warm sun shining down on her made her smile even wider. "Mom, you sure we don't need to get that checked— you seem to be getting more and more forgetful these days."

"It's called getting old," scoffed Amanda before she continued to mutter. "Just wait until you get to my age and then we'll see who's laughing next. Anyway, that's not why I was calling... why was I calling again? Oh! Right, what time are you getting here honey?"

"Mom..." Alana's voice trailed off but ultimately decided to keep her mouth shut. She didn't want her mom going off the tangent again. "I think we'll be there in an..." She looked at Daniel who suddenly appeared in front of her. "An Hour? Tops."

"Oh, good," Her mother exclaimed. "I know everyone's so excited to see you again, especially Helen. You know how much she adores you like her own daughter."

Everyone piled into the car, along with Alana who continued to speak on the phone with her very eager and excited mother.

"I'm excited to see Mama Pierce, too, mom," She held her phone to her ear with her shoulder as she grabbed the seatbelt and buckled it. "How is Helen, by the way? I don't even remember the last time I'd seen her."