Getting Inspired

To write a wonderful story, you must keep both your eyes and ears open and listen to the world around you so it can inspire you. You'll soon find something nice to write to make the best work you can make. You can also ask the people around you for their ideas about the world around them. Seeing as the story is going to be for audiences -people that aren't you- you don't base your story solely on your opinion and ideas of the world. 

You can never put too much time, effort, or description into your story

Here are some great ways to gather detail that may lead you to an excellently written book: 

1. Read a book

Experience is everything and reading is the best thing you can do for your brain. It grows your vocabulary and educates you on what a well-published book looks like. There are more than about a million books out there, but start from what you know, Wattpad. It's a free platform with millions of different books and authors that'll fit your interests and the interests of potential readers. Maybe the next book you read will give you a good sentence starter, inspiration, and the type of book you want to write. The next thing you know, you might have the beginning, middle, or end of a terrific story. 

2. Notice interesting character traits

Have you noticed how your neighbor talks to his plant or how he takes his chicken for a walk every morning? Is your best friend geeky? Then have a character based on her/his personality? Try thinking of the inner like of people around you, the ones that are different? This is how you develop a character or the beginning of a story. 

3. Pay attention to your surroundings 

The next time you take a walk or spend time on the train, bus, or park, try observing and seeing what you can find. Maybe you'll see a beautiful bouquet of flowers next to a trashcan or a brand new pair of expensive Nikes on an old park bench. How did they get there? Ponder. Ask yourself these questions. It's how you learn to work with your surroundings.

4. Listen to conversations around you I'm not saying be a creep and listen to a private conversation between people

Just one interesting sentence you pick up while passing by can inspire you to write an entire story. Maybe you'll hear someone say, "My dog loves to torture all my dates..." or "My sister has a fairy for an imaginary friend..." Isn't that enough to start a story?