Chapter 13

A/N ANTHONY RAMOS SAW MY STORY!!!!! I've tagged him 99 times, I counted, and he's seen it 4 times! I literally cried for an hour ewiyfgbuebcery I love him so much he's amazing!

*A few months later*

Alex POV

Philip's at school and John's at work right now so it's just me here. I am working I just work from home. Just as I'm finishing up a 87 page essay I get a call from my boss. "Hello Sir." I say.

"Afternoon Alexander. I'm calling to inform you there's a conference out of town on Thursday the 12th to Friday the 20th. It'll be in South Carolina, I'll email you the details later." He says and hangs up before I can object.

Great. John hates me leaving especially for work stuff and Philip doesn't even know what I do. I don't really think John or anyone knows what I do. It's even worse cuz it means I'll be away over our anniversary. I'll take John out tonight and tell him and then I still have 2 days to tell Philip.

*in the afternoon*

"Hey, I'm home." John says walking through up stairs to the kitchen were me and Philip are. He pecks me on the lips and goes to find something to eat.

"Philip me and ya dad are going out tonight so you can stay here or go to a friends place, I'll give you money to get dinner." I say and Philip nods.

"Wait we are?" John asks.

"Oh yeah, I was waiting to till you got home to tell you, sorry." I say.

"Oh okay, cool." He replies.

*At dinner*

"John I need to tell you something" I say and he stops eating.

"Is everything okay?" He asks nervously.

"Yeah but... I have to go on business trip on Thursday and I'll be gone like 8 days but it's pretty far so maybe 9. But it means I'll miss our anniversary " I say.

"What? You just came back from one like last week!" He almost yells.

"I know, but-" I start but he cuts me off.

"No Alexander! You're always going on business trips, I don't even know what you do! At least once a month you're leaving for at least 2 days and you leave me and Philip alone! Do you're bosses even know you have a family? And it's on our Anniversary! Last year you were home but you still had to work and this year your not even gonna be here! I already said I couldn't work 14th so now you want me to just sit alone all day thinking about you?!" He shouts. A couple of people stare.

"I'm sorry I tried to tell him I couldn't go be he hung up. But you could come down on the 13th and stay a couple of days?" I ask.

"Where even is it?" He asks calming down a little.

I sigh. "South Carolina."

He scoffs. "You're unbelievable!"

"I don't get to choose where I go, I'm sorry I just thought-"

"-What? you thought I would wanna go back to the place I grew up? The place I worked so hard to get out of?! How would you feel if you went back to the place your mum died, where you're dad abused you, where you nearly died everyday?! And what about Philip he's only 15 I can't just leave him alone! Gosh Alex do you even care about me and Philip?!" He continues.

"Of course I do, I know you hate South Carolina but I- " I sigh and look down. "I'm sorry. I wish I could blow it off, I wish I could be here but I can't. If I lose this Job we won't be able to afford our house, or pay for Philip to go to collage." I try to reason.

"I have a Job! It may not be as big and important as you're but I still have one which I get paid pretty well for and I have family money and we both know if you did loose this Job you won't have a hard time finding a new one. I deal with you going away all time, I'm sure you can figure out how to get out of this one. Take a break Alexander, and don't speak to me until you do." He says then gets up and leaves.

I quickly pay for the food and run outside but he's already gotten a cab home. Perfect. How the hell am I supposed to fix this.

When I get home Philips on the couch watching something. "Hey did dad come home?" I ask him.

"Yeah, he seemed kinda mad though." He replies pausing the TV.

"Yeah I know. I've got a meeting out of town on Thursday and won't be back until Friday or Saturday the following week." I explain.

"But isn't your anniversary this Saturday?" He asks.

"Yep and that's the problem." I say and walk upstairs to our room. I walk in and John's lying on the bed, on his phone. He looks at me then turns back to his phone.

"Did you get out of it?" He ask.

"No....I'm gonna call my boss now." I say and pick up my phone. I move to another room and call my boss. "Sir, I need to speak to you about this conference on Thursday." I say when he answers.

"Alexander? It's 9pm" He says.

"Yes I know but you see it's me and my husbands wedding anniversary on Saturday and he can't fly out. So I was wondering if I could maybe miss this one conference?" I ask.

"I'm sorry Alexander, you're the best we've got so we need you there. Is there anything else?" He asks.

"No that's it" I sigh. I hang up and walk back into our room.

"Well? John asks.

"He said I had to go." I respond nervously.

"Then I guess you have to go." He says putting down phone and rolling over. I go to get into the bed next to me but he stops me. "No."

"John I-"

"There's a couch downstairs" He says coldly. I sigh and walk downstairs. Philip's gone now so I lay on the couch and put on the TV.