Secrets, lies and truths

When Harry opened his eyes, he staggered for a few seconds before stealing himself. He would not show weakness. "I'm impressed, most people vomit on their first time." Snape stated. Harry knew he probably would have thrown up if he had any food in his stomach to throw up. He hastily followed Snape as he walked towards the building. The passed a sign that read Snape Manor. "So Snape had a manor" Harry wondered, as he walked. "Did all the teachers have one's or just Snape?"

When they reached the entrance, Snape pulled out his wand from his cloak. He muttered something that Harry couldn't hear and waved his wand, and the door opened. As they walked in a house elf appeared, "Mister Snape, your back. Would you like us to do anything?" It squeaked. "No its alright, i will sort potter myself." Snape said. "Okay sir, call me if you need anything." Snape nodded and replied, "I will rose."

Rose disappeared with a pop and Snape turned to Harry. " You will have rules that you have to follow, if you break any you will be punished. Is that clear?" He snapped. "Yes sir" Harry replied, meekly. "You will not leave the grounds without my permission, take anything that doesn't belong to you, you will clean up after yourself, keep your room tidy. You will attend all meals, breakfast is at eight, lunch is a one and dinner is at seven, you will arrive on time and if you don't show up, you will go without. I will not chase you after you and you will treat me with respect." Snape told him. I understand sir" Harry said quickly, looking at the ground.

After a quick tour of the house, Snape showed Harry his room. When the door opened Harry gasped. It was huge, there was a king-sized bed in the middle, with a walk in wardrobe on he left. On the right was a door leading into a bathroom. In the corner was a large desk with a small library. Harry stared at it with awe, "Is this really mine?" He asked in disbelief. "Of course it is" Snape snapped at him. "What did you expect, the dungeons!?" Harry frantically shook his head. "What colour do you want it?" Snape asked. "What?" "What colour do you want it?" He asked again. "I don't mind sir." "Potter I will not wait here forever, just pick a colour!" He said impatiently. "Sorry sir, I-um-I." He stuttered. Snape growled, frustrated. "Sorry sir, green and silver sir with blue walls, sir." Harry said quickly, hastily looking down, waiting for the blow he knew was coming, but it never did. Cautiously he peeked out from his messy fringe to see Snape muttering spells, changing the colours. He made his way into the room, setting down his trunk that Snape resized for him. "May I ask why you chose Slytherin colours?" Snape questioned. "Oh, um, well I like the colour green because it matches my eyes and silver and blue goes with it, sir." Harry muttered only half lying. Snape gave his a stiff nod and left the room.

Harry unpacked his few things and sat down to finish his drawing. It was of Malfoy or Draco as Harry liked to call him inside his head. He had taken a picture of him by the lake, secretly under his invisibility cloak. Harry had started to like Draco in his third year but had denied it till the start of his fifth year. No one knew he was gay, only his 'family'. Harry shuddered at the memory of his uncle finding out. It didn't help that he was constantly being woken in the night by Harry's nightmares. Harry wished he could put a silencing charm on his bed, but he wasn't allowed to use magic outside of school. Having a sudden idea he called Dobby. "Mister, Harry Potter, sir, how wonderful to see you again!" "It's wonderful to see you too Dobby, but please call me Harry." Harry told him. "What can I do to help you. Harry?" Dobby asked. "I was wondering if you could but I silencing charm on my bed?" Harry asked him politely. "I can, may I ask why?" Dobby said. "I have nightmares and don't want to wake up Snape every night." Harry explained. The house elf nodded and did what he was asked, before disappearing with a crack!

Sighing Harry turned back to his sketch, he knew Draco would never like him, but he couldn't help liking him. He was just so gorgeous, beautiful and ho- shaking his head of these thoughts he glanced at the clock and realised dinner was in thirty minutes. He stood up, placed his sketch book in the drawer before leaving to cook dinner in the kitchens.