el negante ➵ disclaimer

hiya! so, uhh!! yeah here's a disclaimer. firstly, the fic's setting is heavily based on the dream smp series and along with that, it's an au where one, the series takes place in a fantasy world (with primarily minecraft-based creatures), two, where i split up the players of the dream smp into specific groups to make it easier for me to keep track of the story, and three, in a world where pogtopia (pogland) and emonburg (manburg) have split into two different factions entirely, that still battle but are both considered their own powerful kingdoms.

i have not watched the entire series nor have i done in-depth research into each of the streamers/players in it. most of my information has been gathered from the dream team wiki (which isn't reliable, i know) and what i have watched of them. i'll be doing my best, however, to keep the protagonists of this story (quackity, jschlatt, and wilbur) similar enough.

their personalities are primarily based on their dream smp personas, but i will be changing their characteristics a little bit to fit their true selves as well, although i do not intend to portray them as their real-life counterparts. this is simply to make them easier to write for me and to also make them more human--more realistic.

unfortunately, nothing will get too spicy between schlatt and wilbur (although i'll do my best to make it fluffy), since schlatt has publicly stated he's uncomfortable with ships and i'd like to write something less romantic (albeit meant to be interpreted romantically) in respect of him. however, as i believe quackity and wilbur are both relatively alright with fanfiction (quackity's fanfic streams and wilbur's wattpad video when he used to host soothouse) i will not hesitate to go slightly further when it comes to them.

yes, there will be hints of quackischlatt and quackibur in this. well, not exactly hints.

shut up i ship quackibur way too much. its become a problem.

the cast is aged up slightly (by about 4 years for everyone) so 1. ships aren't uncomfortable because of the age gaps and 2. because im insane. i will not be shipping any minors even though i've aged them up.

some characters introduced in the story will not be streamers, because GOD. i am not including non dream smp streamers because that will complicate things like hell. the characters will primarily just be original characters made by me to fulfil a specific purpose in the story. none of them will have any main roles.

whatever happens in future dream smp streams after quackity's plan will NOT be counted in the story at all, since i can't predict the future :(( unfortunately. i might make some homages to it but still.

please don't show this to anyone in the story, especially people who are uncomfortable with ships.

i do not think there will be any triggering topics in this, but if there are i will tag the chapter.

sorry about how many chapters it takes before we get to schlattbur.

enjoy some quackibur/quackischlatt first. i will make you