1

Happy reading!

Here is the first chapter~

"Two people who are connected in this way are bound together by Fate itself. Sooner or later, they are destined to meet, no matter how far apart they live or how much their life circumstances differ. And, when it happens - that encounter is certain to profoundly affect both of them. The strings can sometimes stretch and become tangled, which could postpone the fateful meeting. But - those ties will never be broken.This chord may stretch far distances, or even at times become tangled, but it is absolutely unbreakable."

Glancing out from under thick lashes, my eyes caught the flickering lights of the candles all around. The room was dark, and despite the candle light it seemed that the dark grey of the walls would swallow up all light. In the corners, I noticed the empty cobwebs and dust bunnies. And then my attention turned towards the woman who decided to read my fate.

"She wants customers and yet her place of work doesn't look inviting..." I thought, "Not to mention, the whole town thought she was loony.

I simply looked at the old lady with a bit of caution as she looked down at my palm and was reading my fate since for the past couple of days she insisted on reading it.

"But beware, for the one you are destined with hold great evil," she read and then gasped while following the lines in my palm and slowly letting my hand go as she backed away from my body. Bottles and books were falling as she bumped against them. Fright completely covered her visage. But I didn't know why...At this point, I was completely bewildered.

"Curse....cursed," she gasped out in shock.

"Cursed...that's interesting..." I questioned as I looked at her and rose from my chair. I guess the best thing was to leave her as I bowed respectfully and walked out of her shop reminding myself to never ever go back.

From the pool of shadow that bathes my feet and nothing else.That meant it was mid-day. But in this late fall the sun has lost its intensity, I can step out without fear of burning. Only a few weeks ago the streets would have been deserted at this time of day, but now the street vendors carry on selling and there is no shortage of customers. This was the busiest I had ever seen the streets.

I walked through the road and looked at the amount of food present and ready to be purchased, the smiles and playful spirits of the children as they ran around. This was a village of happiness and peace.

But of course reality in this world...during this time...was filled with pain, suffering, and futility. I wish there was a world were there could be peace and no worry about demons or curses.

"Have you heard, there was an attack on a neighboring village, the merchant told me that one man was responsible for it," a villager mentioned.

"One man?" another questioned.

"Yeah, he seems to be really powerful with his sorcery...I worry."

"Maybe if we tell the village leaders they can put a protection spell above the place."

Many of the residents in the village began to gather around the villager and throw suggestions for fear of this person coming to this village. But if what they say is true then that person would be heading for this town next and if the one person had destroyed the village...wouldn't it be best for us to evacuate.

"Rest assure, we will make sure that the village is safe."

"Tsk..." I mumbled as I backed away from the crowd and headed towards my home. Considering that my home was a bit farther away from the village it would be right to make the trek there now rather than later.

-----

An hour or so later, I had made my way to the river, where I sat on a wall to its side. The water was running steadily, and sparkled with the orange of sunlight. This place often took me way from reality and brought a sense of tranquility.

"I-I wonder if what that old lady said was true..." I thought to myself as I looked down at my right palm, the same hand she read, "Cursed..."

I couldn't even process my thoughts on what she said.

Suddenly, A stunning flash blasts my shadows across the plains as I was slammed by some indescribable force into a tree. I blinked and groaned out in pain, my mouth tasted like blood and dirt and pavement, and my lungs burn, and realize I've been knocked into the ground. But that was strange, I was the only one around her. I turned around trying to gain a sense of what was happening but nothing was being processed. I was dizzy, my ears was ringing from a roaring boom in the day. I couldn't think straight. However, I did noticed a fireball rolling up into the sky and can feel its heat as it was passing over me and towards the village.

The sound was deafening as it ripped through the otherwise tranquil eve. One blast after another, in rapid succession. These bursts were evenly paced out . Looks like that village didn't have time to prepare.

The force of the blow sent a torrent of air through the village, knowing that it was throwing people to the ground and ripping apart the roofing of the houses close to the impact. The shamans of the village didn't have enough time to put up a proper barrier.

Adrenaline rushed through my system, and desperation kept me from tiring. I could only think of one thing as I ran away from the screaming, panicked crowds...I need to run and escape.

As I turned around getting ready to take charge away from the village, there stood in front of me a being-- a demon with four arms, and two heads. It had spiked hair and with special marks/lines on it's forehead, nose, cheeks and torso. It had two lines on both it's wrists, upper arms, circles on both it's shoulders with a dot in each, two segmented curve lines on it's chest, and two lines are it's stomach.

I was a good distance from the village that was just being under attack so how did it find me here

A murderous aura surrounded me, as my two eyes, wide with fright. Maybe that lady was right...I am cursed.

"Hm?" a deep voice questioned.

My eyes locked on to his four, disturbingly-quizzical ones. They appeared to glint with genuine concern, and if my vision wasn't deceived...a slight affection? I started to hesitate, but to falter now, would almost certainly result in death.

A small laceration formed below my shoulder, and despite its lack of depth, the blood flowed forth, pooling on the ground. I screamed in pain and covered my wound as I dropped to the ground. The demon looked down at me with a harsh stare and ever intent to kill me regardless of the slight affection that it was attempting to put an end to.

"That lady was right...I am cursed..."

Author question: How did y'all find this story?

4.06.23- This is the only chapter of the book shared. To read the rest, it will be available on a new site starting in June 2023 during the release of book 2. Until then, there isn't any link posted for where this story is!