Chapter 1

He was just a boy. Trapped, in the jails of hell. He killed her when he was just 11 years old and now ... well he has not been outside for 47 years. A depressed look etched permanently on his squalid, oval face scared the other criminals kept in the hallways of hell. Every now and again, he would get pricks of motivation stabbing his brain. The problem was, he was motivated to to the wrong things which only ended one way. He got another year in prison.He never, ever learnt from the mistakes he made.The truth was it made him try harder and harder to escape. But the biggest mistake of all, he killed his father only because he was telling him the right way to get through prison life and come out in one piece. He tossed and turned all night. Thoughts of his dad haunted him, almost like his father was speaking to him.
"James!"He heard a wisper .
"James! are you coming or not? This could be our only chance." James finally realised who this was. It was his friend Tom.
James paused for a minute then said "No, I don't want to come. Oh, and I don't think I ever will."
This was a tough decision for James but his heart was telling him it was the right thing to do.
Not a day went by when he didn't think about his father. Each day, regret haunted him more and more. It got so bad he started to question his life but he was determined to see the outside at least once before he died. People kept telling him just how bad the world outside was. There was wars, everything was ruined by wars. People drowning in the horrible gases and being bombed by shells, it was certainly not a pleasant place to be and infact prison,in some respects, was better than the war. It was the day, 48 years in prison. James realised,realised that this had to change. He needed to change and get out of prison.